Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever bribe your kids?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:45 PM
  • 11 Replies

I do sometimes. My dds love mcdonalds everyday my dd ask to go to mcdonalds and i tell her no. We go once a week on wenesdays. Well this morning they didnt want to get dressed and get their hair done. So i told them if they get dressed and get their hair done then they can have mcdonalds. So they said okay so i got them dressed and did their hair. My dds are 2 and 3 the only thing they ever ask for is mcdonalds but if i do tell them no they dont pitch a fit they just say okay. Thats really the only thing i bribe them with and yes if they do what i ask then they get it.... on wenesdays

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM

I wouldn't say that's a bribe.  That's something you do every week.  Taking it away is just a consequece of their actions.  At least, to me it is, lol.

I'd say a bribe is something like if they go to the bathroom (potty training) they can get candy.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

jaylahmicah
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:49 PM

I give my dds fruit snacks when they go potty in the toliet. They never eat candy or drink soda well unless they sneak mine lol

Quoting jillbailey26:

I wouldn't say that's a bribe.  That's something you do every week.  Taking it away is just a consequece of their actions.  At least, to me it is, lol.

I'd say a bribe is something like if they go to the bathroom (potty training) they can get candy.

jillbailey26
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:50 PM

We did potty candy with our boys, lol.  I haven't started with our girl yet.

Quoting jaylahmicah:

I give my dds fruit snacks when they go potty in the toliet. They never eat candy or drink soda well unless they sneak mine lol

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

much2learn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Today I needed to go to the grocery store.  I told my 5 yr old that we were going.  She asked, "Why?"  I told her that we needed to get more barbeque potato chips.  Her reply was, "OK." 

She would rather not go to the store for necessities like bread and milk, but she understands the importance of getting more barbeque chips.  lol

MsDean
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:51 PM
Yes I have. Sometimes it is the best option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaelaasmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:54 PM
Sometimes I will tell my daughter she can have a treat if she goes in her room and leaves me alone for 30 minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catinseaside
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:54 PM

oh yes. I think you have to with small children. "if you let mommy go potty by herself I will find you a treat". hahaha. That's how it was at my house. lol.

FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Real life is filled with compromise ,consequences and rewards.

And that is how i raised my son.

RoguesMommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:01 PM

I will distract my daughter with a treat. At the flea market last weekend she saw some ducklings she wanted and was throwing a fit. Bought her some watermelon to shut her up and she was fine. Then in the car we talk about how shes not to act like that.

Velany
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:05 PM

my kids were only bribed with treats for potty training for the most part...and sometimes i didnt need them but i had them, and if i know we are going to be gone all day i will bribe them with a small toy or MD's and say "now if y'all can be good mommy & daddy will get a toy or MDs" and they usually behave and if one behaves and the other doesnt...the other still gets the treat and the other doesnt, but its a rare occurance that they dont behave in public.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)