Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Elses Kid Able to Open "child-proof" bottles?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:46 PM
  • 8 Replies
we learned the hard way last night. my 2 ye old DD managed to open a bottle of neon blue children's advil liquid medicine and dump the whole damned thing out! I KNOW. I had secured the cap because I always double and trple check that shit! lol.

now I've learned my lesson. I really thought it was out of her reach, but two year olds will find a way won't they?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SThompson21
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM

oh yes they will.  my ds figured out any child proofing crap within a week.

babybull0601
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Yes so now its as high as it can go in the cabinet so they cant get the bottles I have to use a stool to get any medicine down.  I also have a child proof lock on the cabinet. They can open the cabinet still even with the child proof lock but it makes noise so I know when anyone is going in there. 

momma-flynn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:51 PM

my dd opens my advil for me lol. she can open her vitamins too. 

bluejupalex
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Oh yes.  My daughter could open them; the dog can open them.  I'm the only one in the house who CAN'T open a child-proof cap. 

stevi3905
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Shoot I wish one of my kids could. Then they could get it open for me. I have pretty severe arthritis (since childhood) and have the hardest time opening those bottle. I pretty much don't have a lot of bottle laying around that they try to get into though or maybe its just that they have no interest in the bottles.

alotta_fagina
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:20 PM
lol!!! that's crazy. I imagine there have been plently of harmed children from the misleading "child proof " caps! !

Quoting bluejupalex:

Oh yes.  My daughter could open them; the dog can open them.  I'm the only one in the house who CAN'T open a child-proof cap. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.kk.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM

She was one when she did it. Scared the bejeesus out of me.

bluejupalex
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I kept them locked up when she was little.  She never tried to get into them by herself, but I wasn't willing to take any chances.  Hell, my dog can open a childproof cap in no time flat.  lol  I have to be more careful with the dog than I ever did with my daughter.  lol

Quoting alotta_fagina:

lol!!! that's crazy. I imagine there have been plently of harmed children from the misleading "child proof " caps! !

Quoting bluejupalex:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)