Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need a link to some kind of casserole...help!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

I cant seem to find a link for a casserole that uses, chicken, egg noodles, mixed veggies cream of chicken and breadcrumbs maybe? How do I put this all together?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kaydence2010
by Maggie on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM
Honestly I would just dice up the chicken. Cook it prior then toss it all in the caserole dish and add maybe a little water. The noodles will cook while in the oven. Probably 350 degrees for 20 minutes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashmom614
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM

thank you :)

Quoting Kaydence2010:

Honestly I would just dice up the chicken. Cook it prior then toss it all in the caserole dish and add maybe a little water. The noodles will cook while in the oven. Probably 350 degrees for 20 minutes

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM

INGREDIENTS

· 6 ounces egg noodles(I might use 8 oz instead)

· 1 tablespoons butter

· 1 yellow onion, chopped

1 can cream of chicken soup

· 3/4 cup milk

· salt and pepper to taste

· 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast meat

· 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed (You can use mixed veggies instead)

· 1/2 c shredded Cheddar cheese

· 1/2 c mozzarella

DIRECTIONS

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente; drain. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.) Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.

Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion until tender, about 3 minutes. Gradually stir in chicken soup. Slowly stir in milk, and cook, stirring, until sauce begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.

Place cooked noodles in the bottom of casserole dish. Arrange cooked chicken in an even layer over noodles. Place broccoli over the chicken. Pour sauce evenly over the broccoli. Combine cheeses, and sprinkle half over the casserole.

Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Allow to set for 5 minutes, until cheese melts. 

alotta_fagina
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM
o agree. dice up or shred cooked chicken. mix it with the cream of chicken and cooked egg noodles. add the cooked veggies (if they were fresh ) and mix that shit up! then pit bred crumb on the top. mak sure u add some salt n pepper Nd cheese too ummm now I'm hungry lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Mix 1 cup cooked cubed chicken, 2 cups cooked noodles, 1 can mixed veggies, 1 can cream of chicken soup, salt & pepper to taste. Spread in baking pan. Mix 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs with 1 or 2 tbsp melted butter. Sprinkle over top. Bake 350 until top is lightly browned crunchy and casserole is heated through, about 20-25 minutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)