Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ugh, noisey neighbors

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:47 PM
  • 11 Replies

When I bought this house a few months ago, the homes on either side were empty. I was excited when the house on the right was sold. They came over and introduced themselves. They seem very nice. The homes here are very close together. It is a husband and wife, and two preteen kids. Seriously these are loud people. lol Their driveway is right next to my window, they don't use their garage I guess, I can always hear when they get home because they are so loud! lol The husband blasts his music in his car, so when he comes home I can hear him coming down the street. The other day we were outside planning out how we are going to landscape the front of the house, and the neighbor was leaving. He had the music going in his car then he beeped and waved at us. My husband smiled, we both waved, then my husband said "Why does he always have to beep" LMAO Oh well, what can ya do. I hope when the house on the other side of us sells, they are a bit quieter. I just don't have the baby nap in the living room anymore.......they wake him up every day if he does.

Photobucket
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Our neighbor has a motorcycle that doesn't run well. He's always out there revving it up trying to fix it.  Irritating.

NickiNavarro
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Quoting casah4:

Our neighbor has a motorcycle that doesn't run well. He's always out there revving it up trying to fix it.  Irritating.

There is a guy who has a Jeep with no muffler. He parks it in the driveway of the vacant house next door. UGH! He starts it up like every morning at 5:45AM. I wish he would wake up his own neighbors.

Photobucket
malissaL
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM

I have some crazy neighbors who think they are doing their children a favor by going outside to air out their differences....we can hear them mother fuc*ing one another..i'm sure their kids can too..

sxybxmami
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:03 PM

You would HATE NYC then.  I live in the bronx, and loud music in cars is an everyday thing.  And the beep is always used to get someones attention and say hi lol. You also have people BLASTING music from their apartments and houses.  It ghets so loud you can hear it a block away.   When I went to spend the weekend at my aunts house in CT, I thought hearing the crickets was fkkn annoying as hell, and missed the sound of the city.  

NickiNavarro
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Quoting malissaL:

I have some crazy neighbors who think they are doing their children a favor by going outside to air out their differences....we can hear them mother fuc*ing one another..i'm sure their kids can too..

Oh my

Photobucket
NickiNavarro
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Quoting sxybxmami:

You would HATE NYC then.  I live in the bronx, and loud music in cars is an everyday thing.  And the beep is always used to get someones attention and say hi lol. You also have people BLASTING music from their apartments and houses.  It ghets so loud you can hear it a block away.   When I went to spend the weekend at my aunts house in CT, I thought hearing the crickets was fkkn annoying as hell, and missed the sound of the city

I wouldn't mind city living if I had chosen it.

Photobucket
honeybee69
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:29 PM

We had some people live across the street. They were nice, but once their son was a teen and driving we had issues with his radio too. Dh had to get up at 5 am, so went to bed early. Well at 11pm this kid would come home and he had those boom speakers in his trunk. It would wake dh up every time! So one night dh had had enough. He gets up and throws on a bathrobe and slippers to go over. Now mind you I am watching from the window. His bathrobe is flying back, his boxers are shopwing, he had a breath rite strip on his nose, his hair looks totaly wild, and he goes and pounds on the kids driver window while he is making out with his girlfriend. Scared the crap out of the kid! He tries to climb over his girlfriends lap because dh scared him so bad. So dh has a little talk about turning the music down after 9pm. Dh comes back in and we hear a ruckous over there. The grandma had come out with her broom and is beating her grandson over the head with it! No she didn't hurt him. So after that we are laying in bed and you can hear his radio down the road. As he turns onto our road he turned the music down.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:32 PM

In the house that is catty corner behind us -   the dad has a drag race car....  he fixes it about 7 times a summer and rev's it up = all hours of the night... but only during the summer.... it is really really loud but my son just loves it.   i do not.  

StaryEyed718
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Ask them to please not have the music so loud.

Princess7777
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I am sorry.  Maybe you can ask them to try and be a little quieter.  I know sometimes neighbors do not like to be told that.  Tell them it wakes them up.  Maybe they will be helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)