Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I find a sitter?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay - I'm in a new area. I've lived here about 6 months. I'm about to start job hunting and will need to locate someone to watch the kids when I'm not here. I'm pretty clueless about how to start that process. As of yet, I haven't found anybody in the area that I would consider for child care.

My questions is this:

Is there a good way to locate a care giver? I want somebody I can fully trust.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:55 PM
kyliesmommy22
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:57 PM
You can always start on Craigslist or the newspaper ads. Theres also a website..sittercity or sittersearch.com has local sitters in your area(you have to pay to get their info. but their is usually a 30 day free trial) Good luck in your search!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Damali0812
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Any friends or family in the area you can ask? Or if they use a sitter ask who they use and how they like them. I babysit too and so anyone in my husbands unit that needs a sitter calls me. 

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Care.com.  Or word-of-mouth.  You might consider calling a community college and getting recommendations - sometimes the early childhood education students are available as babysitters.  (Or so I've heard.)

coug7099
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:40 PM

If you choose an in-home provider make sure that you can come by any time with no advance warning when your child is there. Then just pop in a few times during the day before you even begin bringing your child so you can see what kinds of things go on there during the day.

AlyssaL
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:42 PM
In indiana you can check online about all childcare providers, i.e. Inspection reports and such, theres a link on the in.gov website, maybe start there your states website, GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaunalynn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:33 PM

No. We just moved here from 2 hours away. Family is there... and I don't know anybody here, yet.

Quoting Damali0812:

Any friends or family in the area you can ask? Or if they use a sitter ask who they use and how they like them. I babysit too and so anyone in my husbands unit that needs a sitter calls me. 

SteeleMagnolias
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Nanny Service

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)