Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids ride the bus?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:35 PM
  • 14 Replies

My son is starting Pre-k in August. I would like to take him to school. He keeps telling me he wants to ride the bus like a big boy. Hes very talkative and i dont want him to get on someones nerves but hes very easy to get along with. Does your kid ride the bus. were you scared at first like i am?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beerebelly
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Both of my older kids ride the bus.  They started in K.  Never any problems and it has been 8 years for the oldest and 5 years for the youngest.

Damali0812
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:38 PM

yes my kids do and yes i was but they do fine

brae425
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:39 PM
Mine starts K next year and as much as I don't want her to she will probably ride the bus since I work full time and won't be able to pick her up...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiegirl
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:40 PM
Nope. I hated the bus as a kid. For some reason kids were even more mean on the bus. I enjoyed taking her to school. And her daycare picks her up after school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2boyskj
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:41 PM
I drive my 5 yo son to school. I rode the bus till my junior year of hs lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
honeybee69
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Yes mine all rode the bus. I was very nervous with ds, he was 3 when he first rode the bus. He was going to head start 1 day a week and even though they are very close to me, they still wanted him to ride the bus to get use to it. He did fine!

Sunshine201
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:42 PM

All three ride the bus... I was scared with the first child, but he did fine....They all did fine.

Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:43 PM

My oldest dd rides the bus.  She started in K last year.  She loves it and since I work full-time it works well for me.  Our youngest dd will ride the bus, too, when she starts K this fall.  :)  I am sure she will love it, too.  

poshkat
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM

my son does. it was an option when he started early intervention and it worked so much better than my driving him

dipsetgrl06
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM
He's not in school yet but no he won't, we live 3 blocks away from all 3 schools. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)