Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SIDS

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

http://www.healthychild.com/toxic-sleep/has-the-cause-of-crib-death-sids-been-found/

What do you ladies think of this? I am pregnant with our second child, and the fear of SIDS is entering my mind again. I found this info online when searching for information, and I wasnt sure what to think. If it's even a possibility, then I want to buy a mattress that does not contain these chemicals. But the one they say to get is the Naturepedic and they are like $259! Seems like alot but obviously worth it. Should I get one for our next baby? Help! Thanks!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CamdensMom12
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Bump!

CamdensMom12
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Bump

aNzsMommy85
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I have read that before but am not sure if I believe it 100%. I worry about SIDS a lot also & if we were to have another child I'd just get one of those Angel monitors. I have read up on them and they have great reviews.

catinseaside
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM

I agree. I had an angel monitor with both of my babies. But mama, I know it's a fear we all have, but stay off the net. The stress is not good for the baby. But of course, do what gives you peace. :)

Quoting aNzsMommy85:

I have read that before but am not sure if I believe it 100%. I worry about SIDS a lot also & if we were to have another child I'd just get one of those Angel monitors. I have read up on them and they have great reviews.

mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:12 PM

I have an angel care monitor, when my dd was an infant she rolled over onto her stomach and stopped breathing face first into her mattress. The alarm went off and I was able to get her breathing. I'm not sure what causes sids, but these monitors can save your babys life. I know this is OT. But I just want everyone to know.

CamdensMom12
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Thanks for the advice! I will get one of those monitors. We are gonna get a new mattress anyways, so I think I'm just gonna get the organic one just to feel better about the chemicals. That way I won't worry so much! lol

Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:52 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)