Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

:°( dumb idea.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM
  • 13 Replies
About a month after my dad died I thought HEY maybe I have a saved a voice mail on my phone. He always said the same thing. "Hey lindsey. Its dad. Call me." That was a no go. Soo i just remembered we only had dhs phone 6mo ago. I got excited and checked that phone. No voicemail. :( Then dh asked if I was ok. I swallow my emotions almost literally. . . And say ok. UGH BTW my dad has been dead 3 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Princess7777
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:45 PM

I am sorry to hear that.   Hugs.  Prayers and thoughts to you.

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:45 PM
Aw sorry =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PatriotsFan12
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear that!!!

qtdavis
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM
Oh I so understand...hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1busymomma03
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I'm so sorry. I remember doing that when my Dad died too. I had a ton of voice mails saved, but none from him. I sat and listened to all of them though just hoping to hear his voice. Then I cried when there were none from him. The last time I even talked to him was on my birthday last year when he called to wish me a happy birthday. I locked that received phone call into my phone, just so I can go back and see the date and time that he last called me... =(

((Hugs)) I'm here if  you need someone to talk to. I know sometimes it helped me just to talk about it.

BizzE
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Im sorry hun.

im sorry

airforewifenmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Im totally trying not to cry. I dont remember the last time i talked to or seen my dad. And it was only 2ish days before he died. Its like my brain shut down.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

I'm so sorry. I remember doing that when my Dad died too. I had a ton of voice mails saved, but none from him. I sat and listened to all of them though just hoping to hear his voice. Then I cried when there were none from him. The last time I even talked to him was on my birthday last year when he called to wish me a happy birthday. I locked that received phone call into my phone, just so I can go back and see the date and time that he last called me... =(

((Hugs)) I'm here if  you need someone to talk to. I know sometimes it helped me just to talk about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catinseaside
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM

im sorry  

1busymomma03
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:57 PM

If you feel like crying, then let yourself cry. Sometimes you just need to let yourself go through those emotions and get it all out. Give yourself some time to heal too. It does get easier over time. The pain never goes away, but you do start having better days. My Dad died in June. I still have bad days, but they aren't all of the time now like it was right after he died. I think I lived in a fog for months after he first passed away...

Quoting airforewifenmom:

Im totally trying not to cry. I dont remember the last time i talked to or seen my dad. And it was only 2ish days before he died. Its like my brain shut down.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:57 PM

:( I know what you are going though. My dad died when I was 15 and no so many years have past, I cant remember what his voice sounded like (it kills me but sometimes I dont even remember what he looked like). I'd kill to be able to see and hear him 1 more time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)