Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMFGoodness..How could she?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:47 PM
  • 16 Replies

My heart aches for my cousin right now. She is a single mom to her 8 month old dd. She has caught hell with her dd's dad all through her pregnancy and ever since Liya was born. They are supposed to go to court on Friday for a custody and child support hearing.

Well Sunday she dropped her dd off at her mom's and went out to celebrate her bday with some friends. When she got back to pick her dd up she noticed a big lump on the side of the baby's head so she asked her mom what happend. Her mother said she didn't know and hadn't noticed it. My cousin was very concerned about the size of it but her mother kept saying, "oh she probably bumped her head while they were playing in the other room". She kept telling my cousin how she raised 2 kids and she knows what it looks like when a kid bumps their head and that the swelling would go down. Well the next day my cousin's aunt saw it and told her that she needs to take her to the hospital because the lump is big but it is also soft. They take the baby to the hospital and her mother is still trying to convince her that this doesn't need hospital attention. Well the x-ray comes back and the baby's skull is fractured!

My cousin was so pissed and hurt because she didn't know the severity of it and that she waited to take her to the hospital. The staff at the hospital started asking her what happend and all she could say was Idk I left her with my mom and she's saying she doesn't know what happend either. Well cps is called and they question the grandma and then she gets upset saying that my cousin is trying to blame her for this. My other cousin (her sister) told the grandmother that 2 weeks ago the baby fell off of the bed and the grandmother takes that and runs with it to cps to get the heat off of herself. My cousin is trying to explain to them that yes she did fall off the bed but there was no brusies or bumps and Liya never appeared to be hurt or acting differently. She takes a million picks of this little girl a day and posts them on fb and in none of the picks from the past 2 weeks show any bumps or bruises on her.

So cps has decided to take the baby from her and give her to the dad until they are finished investigating the case. I feel so bad for her, all she can do is cry. I can't believe her mother is doing this. My cousin never said that she did anything to the baby, all she said was that she was with her mother at the time. Then her mom got very defensive and upset saying she is blaming her and tells cps about liya falling off the bed two weeks ago. She goes to court Friday and they may grant custody to the dad now that this has happend. I don't know what to say to her because I'm so upset and pissed.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiegirl
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Oh my gosh that's sad:( I hope things get straightened out and she can have her baby back! I love the way her name is spelled (I'm guessing it's pronounced like Leah).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Sugaree.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM
Wow that is horrible :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reese.Cup
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:56 PM

That's fucked up

mstricey
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Yep thats how its pronounced.

Quoting katiegirl:

Oh my gosh that's sad:( I hope things get straightened out and she can have her baby back! I love the way her name is spelled (I'm guessing it's pronounced like Leah).

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Quoting .Sugaree.:

Wow that is horrible :(

sissy4444
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:02 PM
I hope they get it straightened out!! That poor girl!
Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Wow.  I am so sorry.  I hope it all works out and she can get her back soon.  Hugs!

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:06 PM

:o( i hope everything works out for her and she gets her baby back.

her mother is a bitch.

southernjess3
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM

if my mom did that to me, she would end up with a fractured skull

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:14 PM

sorry but from the sounds of her monther not wanting her to take the baby to the hospital she knows what happened to that baby and sounds guilty as hell like maybe she hurt the baby and is trying to cover it up. and on the baby falling off the bed if i took my kids to the hospital for every fall or cut,bump etc... we would never leave the hospital and i'm sure its like that with other moms kids as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)