Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Always a competition...

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:47 PM
  • 14 Replies

Does anyone else feel like that? When you're with your friends do you ever find it hard to be genuinely happy, impressed or proud of your friends? I feel like so many of us are always trying to prove something and it really sucks. I know I'm completely guilty of it. It's annoying and I don't know how to stop or get my friends to stop doing it.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiesLiesLies
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM
I can't really relate. It makes me very happy when good things come to my friends...probably more happy then when it happens to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
art.diva
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:50 PM
I try not to be competitive....but I think its from years of living with 2 sisters close in age..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
art.diva
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:50 PM
I should add...I am always happy fir other people, and I don't try to one-up anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
massteria
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM

My friends don't do anything that I would feel a need to compete with to be honest.  I am happy for them when good things come their way, and they are the same for me.  Competition amongst friends is a sign of insecurity, something that none of us have with each other.

MultiPara

No I am happy when good things happen to those I love, but I have a good life as well and we are not struggling, or having hard times. 

When I used to struggle I remember feeling envious.

I feel like more often then not, its a competition on who is worse off, then better off.

Just try to bite your tongue? I know it can be hard but you may be able to train your self out of that mind set :0)

mama_cullum
My friends are bums and I ditched them s now I have no friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PatriotsFan12

No I have never felt like that towards my girlfriends and I don't think they feel like that towards me.  I love seeing good things happen to the people in my life!!!

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM
You can stop doing it first and lead by example.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catinseaside

Umm, I don't have this issue. I have a handful of girlfriends that I love like my sisters. We have been through so much together that I think we are beyond any competition.

MultiPara
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:52 PM

I get upset when my friends complain all the time about things they should be grateful for, or they could easily change but decide to be lazy about it. I get annoyed when my friends do stupid things, or do things and look like an ass later on. lol but thats it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)