Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were having a baby shower in June...

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM
  • 14 Replies

and your planning it all yourself.

Food.

games

decorations

would you start to work it all out now?

or wait?

pregnancy calendar

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristyKat
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM

I am a planner, and I like to make lists.  My shower is in May and I was doing most of the planning, but now my co-workers wanted to throw one, so we're combining.  But still, I have addresses set and ready, invites picked out, prizes ordered and thank you's thought out.

malissaL
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM

I'm sorry you're planning your own shower.

If I was throwing someone a shower in June, Yes, I would begin planning now. 

MissLeanna
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Hmmm I like the idea of a list...Im HORRIBLE at these things so maybe Its a good idea to get a head start lol

MissLeanna
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I don't mind It was either me do it or not have one at all Were having a family one in july too I guess and I gotta plan that as well

Quoting malissaL:

I'm sorry you're planning your own shower.

If I was throwing someone a shower in June, Yes, I would begin planning now. 

pregnancy calendar

emilysmom1966
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Food:  I would have chicken wings, spinich dip,withc elay and carrot sticks, min pizza, moni quiche, pigs in a blanket and a taco and pizza bar 

games: Door prize raffle (give raffle tickets and  at the end of the night draw for door prize, What's in the pamper. baby bingo, musical chairs, Dance that dance  ( see who can dance  the most old dances: wins,

decorationsCandy baskets at each table, Helium baloons all let loose through out the room. with different color  patel curl cue streamers hanging fom the ceiling,A huge pamper cake at the main table . White table cloths.

My house

or wait?    Now

Lainey1970
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:49 PM

very much a list o holic - would have every detail planned and ready to execute :)

aanddplus2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I would start now. I plan my kids' birthdays about 6 or 7 months in advance...sometimes even sooner. I have DS's already planned and his isn't until Sept. and I have DD's next 5 planned out. I'm a planner and I also make my own invites, cake and food for their parties.

aanddplus2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:58 PM

I would start by making a simple list. Like snacks, cake, prizes, games, invites and such then I would start going into detail about what kind of snacks and such. Also make a list of people you are wanting to invite and get the addresses ready. I always start there and the list ends up growing because I forget people.

MissLeanna
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:01 PM

I started my list, as for the food i like what a PP posted and decorations as well.

My best friend is making me a diaper cake. and Im SURE I can find some balloons and streamers and baby stuff for cheap lol thanks ladies!!

games also I LOVE the idea of a raffle. I also like the diaper game hehe

MissLeanna
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:03 PM

mmmm your making me hungry!! lol!

Quoting emilysmom1966:

Food:  I would have chicken wings, spinich dip,withc elay and carrot sticks, min pizza, moni quiche, pigs in a blanket and a taco and pizza bar 

games: Door prize raffle (give raffle tickets and  at the end of the night draw for door prize, What's in the pamper. baby bingo, musical chairs, Dance that dance  ( see who can dance  the most old dances: wins,

decorationsCandy baskets at each table, Helium baloons all let loose through out the room. with different color  patel curl cue streamers hanging fom the ceiling,A huge pamper cake at the main table . White table cloths.

My house

or wait?    Now

pregnancy calendar

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)