Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

★ Ok, creative (and frugal) moms!! I need some ideas!! ★

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:04 PM
  • 16 Replies
My little boy's first birthday is coming up and I'm trying to think of some fun party ideas that won't break me money wise...I was thinking of baking a bunch of cupcakes and letting the kids decorate their own like I did for DDs last birthday but I need to come up with some other fun things. I'm not even sure where its gunna be at yet....if I can get the money, I was thinking of having a pool party at a local hotel that has a kiddie pool too- $70 for 3 hours...I dunno...Oh, and not all the kids attending are a year old. The ages range from 1-11 years old so I'm trying to think of things thatll be fun for everyone :0) Sorry if this post is post is all rambly...I'm sick and my head is very "blah". I'm basically looking for fun, cheap ideas on activities, location, ANYTHING!! lol! Thanks in advance :0)

My birthday boy with his big sissy ♥
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MyNameIsRAVEN
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:05 PM
Also, I'm not cheap lol! I'm a SAHM so I don't have a whole lo of $$ coming in :0)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcook55
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:09 PM

no idea bump i suck at planning paries sorry i wouldn't want to do things around all the guest but only my child and if they dont like it too bad

LStambaugh
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:11 PM

My mom always use to do scavenger hunts at my birthday parties and I remember LOVING them as a kid.

unique_puzzle
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I am having a combined half birthday/birthday party for my dd and ds.  I will be renting a picnic pavilion at the local park/playground for $20.  We will have food and let the kids play.  Nice and simple.  So with decorations, food and the rental I plan to keep it under $100.  

catinseaside
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:14 PM

well for a one year old they don't require a whole lot of entertaining. Maybe get a bunch of those bouncy balls (the big ones, I think they are like $2.50 a piece) and kids of all ages LOVE them. If you rent the pool, that means moms are going to have to get it with their toddlers. And at the end of the party each child can take a ball home, and there is you "take home gift".

MyNameIsRAVEN
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:16 PM
Lol! Why invite people then?? Its important, imo, that EVERYONE (guests AND Ds) have fun

Quoting kcook55:

no idea bump i suck at planning paries sorry i wouldn't want to do things around all the guest but only my child and if they dont like it too bad

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyNameIsRAVEN
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:17 PM
That sounds like fun!! :0D

Quoting unique_puzzle:

I am having a combined half birthday/birthday party for my dd and ds.  I will be renting a picnic pavilion at the local park/playground for $20.  We will have food and let the kids play.  Nice and simple.  So with decorations, food and the rental I plan to keep it under $100.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyNameIsRAVEN
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:19 PM
That's a great idea! The older kids could probably help the younger kids too!!

Quoting LStambaugh:

My mom always use to do scavenger hunts at my birthday parties and I remember LOVING them as a kid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyNameIsRAVEN
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:22 PM
That's an awesome idea! I think tgey even have something similar at the dollar tree here in town right now! I'm gunna go check it out later!

Quoting catinseaside:

well for a one year old they don't require a whole lot of entertaining. Maybe get a bunch of those bouncy balls (the big ones, I think they are like $2.50 a piece) and kids of all ages LOVE them. If you rent the pool, that means moms are going to have to get it with their toddlers. And at the end of the party each child can take a ball home, and there is you "take home gift".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crysjuls
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:22 PM
Do you have a theme for his bday?
My son will be 1 soon, too. And his theme will be under the sea. So I'm just decorating and making games up revolving his theme. Much easier for me. You can also join the planning your kid's birthday party group here. They have some great ideas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)