Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i feel bad? could i have prevented it?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:15 PM
  • 45 Replies

so my DH thinks i'm wrong for feeling like its all my fault but we all could've done more to prevent it. even my friends said so. we went shopping yesterday. 4 kids and 4 women. my friends said they would watch my son while i tried on clothes. he is almost 3. well him and my friends daughter were playing and as i walk  out of the dressing room he starts screaming. very unusual.he doesn't scream if he's hurt. just says mommy i feel. well i look at him , looks fine, then i turn around and look at him he's covered in blood. he had a gash about 2.5 inches long and all the way down to the bone. we were all drenched in blood. he now has 6 stitches needless to say. he'd been playing for about 20 mintues before this happened. they were just going from dressing room to dressing room. no big deal nobody was in the store. then bam. i feel horrible. i could've prevented it. the paramedic said they think he hit the corner of a mirror. but i have no clue. he keeps saying the wall. today he's got more energy than he's ever had. but he took a 4 hour nap and still complaining of being tired and having a headache. idk if i should be worried over being so tired.. sorry i have nobody to talk to and need to get this out.. Dh says accidents happen so why feel bad, this is my baby and i feel horrible.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomTo2SillyBoys
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:19 PM

bump

mama_cullum
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:21 PM
sounds like your friends should be to blame. You left ds in thier care and he was hurt in thier care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lacey82606
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:21 PM

awww hon. i hope he feels better soon. it was an ACCIDENT. it happens. please dont beat yourself up. kids are resilient! he will be fine. just give him extra kisses and cuddles.

MomTo2SillyBoys
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:25 PM

i did get a call from the stores insurance company saying they will pay all the medical bills. which was a sigh of huge relief since the hospital has a bad reputation of filing paperwork with TRICARE.

ARPsMom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Hes a boy. My son is 3 and he has had his head cut open 3 times already. Not bad enough for stitches but they had to be glued up. No need to feel guilty. Just a few weeks ago we were visiting family and my son jumped off my neices top bunk. I felt horrible, he sprained his knee and walked with a limp for 3 weeks. If the doc says he ok dont worry tto much. Trust me if he is anything like my son there will be more of these kind of things.

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:26 PM
Not your fault at all. Your friend let you down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JvilleMom125
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:27 PM

oh hun you cant beat yourself up because he got hurt.. these things are going to happen!!! 

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I don't think anyone is to blame.  Kids play and get hurt.  Now, if the friends pushed him into the wall, sure.  But accidents happen.

Quoting mama_cullum:

sounds like your friends should be to blame. You left ds in thier care and he was hurt in thier care.

Photobucket
Elayna90
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:29 PM
You left him in the care of your friends. And it was an accident.
You can what if all day long but, even if we wrap our kids in a bubble, something will happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:30 PM
did i read right? is your friend blaming you? i t wasnt your fault..it was an accident. Im glad the store is taking care of the bill!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)