Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Westboro church...freedom of speech???

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:44 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ok forgive me if this has been done before..I'm a newbie. So I'm watching the NBC nightly news and they are saying that legally Westboro Church is protected under the freedom of speech law. I'm sure you all know how crazy, hateful, dispicable and disgusting they are. What say you? I just wish we could shut these people up. I mean, is there seriously nothing we can do about these hateful people?
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mallory3k
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:46 PM
I agree...they frustrate me. I hate even thinking of them. I don't think they should be able to "protest".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nkk11
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM
It just breaks my heart to see what they do at funerals. Not sure if I believe in hell but I hope these people have a special place there!
Nkk11
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:55 PM

BUMP!

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:57 PM

honestly think ppl need to ignore them. as long as they get a reaction they are going to keep doing what they are doing.

Chibi_Kitten
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Unfortunately, lack of manners, common sense and common courtesy are permitted.

Kaelaasmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:59 PM
I hate these people with a passion. However, I believe very much that the First Ammendment protects all speech, not just popular speech.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britt6
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I think there should be a law against mentally torturing the grieving whether it be military related or not. 

britt6
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

I hate these people with a passion. However, I believe very much that the First Ammendment protects all speech, not just popular speech.

This is beyong "speech" though. They are torturing mentally torturing these people. Last I heard that is a form of abuse and is against the law.

Tinker_Jo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:07 PM

I think a group of people should stand outside their church and protest. Have a bunch of swear words on posters for their kids to see, or blast heavy metal music while they're trying to have a church service.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:10 PM
Right. They are attention whores. But I've stood against them twice and will again if necessary.

Quoting Teeshann:

honestly think ppl need to ignore them. as long as they get a reaction they are going to keep doing what they are doing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)