Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do?? Long

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:50 PM
  • 5 Replies

When your child gets mouthy? Mine is 2.5 yo and can have a little attitude. I just have to look at her and it changes quick. If It doesn't a quick trip to time out puts her back in line. She is a well behaved child for the most part.

I ask because I have a friend back home whose youngest daughter (5) is a total brat and I blame mom. She asks me for advice. I have referred her to 1-2-3 magic and a few other things as I know different things works for different children.

I was on the phone with her when she picked her up from school today. She was yelling at her mom because she didn't want to go home, she wanted to go to the park. Mom told her no And she sat and continued to yell at mom. I would not have put up with it from my child.

Some things she does to her kids that obviously does not work are:
Sassy spray: vinegar in spray bottle
Sassy sauce: Tabasco sauce

There was one day I was at her house and she asked her oldest (7) to go clean her room. She whined and cried about it. Mom asked if she needed motivation and she said yes so mom pinched her on the underside of her arm by her armpit. She cried (I would have too!) then mom asked her if she needed motivation to go clean. She said no and left.

When her oldest was potty training, and she had an accident she would have her strip down and lay in the tub with about 3 inches of cold water for 5 minutes before letting her take a bath to clean up!!

I have told her time And time again that it is abuse and mean. All she says is, "well it works.". Like I said I have tried giving her advice and resources to help but she thinks her way is the best.

What do you do when you kids get sassy??

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mousesmommy81
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Does everyone let their kids be sassy to them???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scottishmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:43 PM

My son is pretty good.  He does sass me on occasion so I make him go to his room.  If he continues I take away his Playstation.  If he still continues he gets a spanking.  My son has had 3 spankings in his entire 8 years.

mousesmommy81
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mousesmommy81
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:09 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mousesmommy81
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)