Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have u ever put soap in your childs mouth

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:11 PM
  • 118 Replies

I just did..My kids were in the room cussing up a storm and did not think I could here them...So I went and got the dawn, put a lil bit on my finger tip and ran it across their tongue. 

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baebear
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:13 PM

I have not done that only because I have had it done to me only to find out I had a bad reaction to the soap and ended up in the hospital for a week.

If my child cusses we use the vingar so far. I think it worked because she has not cussed since lol

PhotoMama88
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Mine are still young so no. lol they are 5 & 2

kidlover2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:15 PM

did it work?  I myself would never use it as a punishment.

torttia

Lol, no, but DS (2) put a soap sliver in his mouth the other day and just sat there lol. I told him it was yuck and he spit it out.

Kaelaasmom
I would never put chemicals like that in my child's mouth. If I were going to do anything, I would use vinegar or hot sauce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
struezel

Absolutely not....IMO it is child abuse.

.MoM.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:16 PM
How old are your kids??

I don't think I could do that. I would do hot sauce though, I've been thinking about using it when they lie too

ETA: just saw your profile, in my opinion 2 and 4 are too young for soap in the mouth. If they're swearing it's because of "monkey see, monkey do"
Jsmommy0528
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Quoting kidlover2:

did it work?  I myself would never use it as a punishment.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:17 PM

One time when my youngest son was about 5 he cussed ..well I was standing in a chair changing a light blub and told him when I got down I was going to wash his mouth out with soap. He took off running down the hall...went in the bathroom and got the pump bottle of soap and filled his mouth full of it!! I helped him rinse his mouth out and he said I washed my mouth its clean now.

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:17 PM

In the state of MD, we were told by a social worker it is actually child abuse because soap is not intended for human consumption.  It came up because my parents use to do it to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)