Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Punishment that fits the crime??

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:26 PM
  • 20 Replies

My son broke his DS, he's six. He was playing a game on it in the car and snapped it in half because he got pissed at the game. I'm thinking one week of being grounded. No TV, no Wii, no going to his friends house.

Fair...or not?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitch576
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM
Drop kick him.

;) I would make him write "I will not break my toys" over and over again until he begs for mercy. Writing sucks.., hard!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellysp6637
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Hmmm....I don't punish for stuff like that.....the mere fact that he no longer has the toy to play with is punishment enough.....and knowing that HE is the reason he doesn't have such a great toy is a great way for him to learn that HE is responsible for his actions....both positive AND negative.

I save punishment for the big things.....and a broken toy just doesn't rank high enough for me., kwim?

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I would take away ALL video games until he knows the proper use of them and I certainly would not buy another DS infact turn his games into GameStop to recoup some of your money wasted!

graybealgirl
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Quoting mitch576:

Drop kick him.

;) I would make him write "I will not break my toys" over and over again until he begs for mercy. Writing sucks.., hard!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beethann
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Quoting mitch576:

Drop kick him.

Trust me, I wanted to!! DSs are EXPENSIVE...and now I must suffer too!

Jsmommy0528
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Quoting kellysp6637:

Hmmm....I don't punish for stuff like that.....the mere fact that he no longer has the toy to play with is punishment enough.....and knowing that HE is the reason he doesn't have such a great toy is a great way for him to learn that HE is responsible for his actions....both positive AND negative.

I save punishment for the big things.....and a broken toy just doesn't rank high enough for me., kwim?

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Quoting kellysp6637:

IMO it is more than a broken toy, it is anger control.

massteria
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I think he is getting off easy.....no way that would fly with such a light punishment in this house.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM

id whip him those are alot of money for him to brake since he got mad

kellysp6637
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

But knowing that he is the reason that he doesn't have his cool toy anymore BECAUSE of not being able to control his behavior, SHOULD help him realize that losing his temper and breaking his DS didn't help him, you know????

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting kellysp6637:

IMO it is more than a broken toy, it is anger control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)