Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice! Grrr

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm watching my 10 year old brother tonight and he WON'T do his homework. All he has to do is find the word in the dictionary, write it down, then find the page number in the story that the word is on. And he just won't do it. He's done 3 out of 7 in one hour. I'm about to flip shit on him. He won't sit there and focus.

What do I do?

We've begun to raise daughters more like sons, but few have the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters.

~Gloria Steinem

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kaysha
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM

try letting him take a quick little 5 minute break.

ModernMoonlight
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I did. He got up and got a gogurt and we listened to a song. He just doesn't want to sit down and do it.

kaysha
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

hmm i dont know then. sorry

ModernMoonlight
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

That's okay. Thanks anyway.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Then tell him either he does his homework or go to bed. And tell him when he gets to school tomorrow......he can explain to his teacher why his homework wasn't completed

ccnstanczak
by Save Humanity! on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:39 PM

blackmail  him. im sure your mom would love to know his secrets> lol JUST KIDDING. i dont know. but heres a bump.

ModernMoonlight
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:42 PM

thanks, Sassy. I would do that if my mom wouldn't freak out on me for being "too strict", which is what his problem is anyway. He's babied.
He's on 5 now, and is wanting a break. Sigh.  Here goes round 2..

Jsmommy0528
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:51 PM

If it were me and I felt I had tried everything tell him he is old enough to take responsibility for his actions and if he doesn't want to do it he can take a zero on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)