Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the school called today and gave me a heart attack!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:51 PM
  • 20 Replies

so the school called today and the receptionist on the other ends says " Hi I'm calling about ben's absence today?" I was like "uuhh we put him on the bus!" she said "ok let me put u on hold and double check...EEEEK That was the longest 30 seconds of my life! my heart was racing a little. Then she got back on and said the teacher accidently marked the wrong box, and she was sorry for scaring me like that! Yuck I can't imagine how awful that would have been if something had happened to my baby! :(  dumb school lol

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CAMKsMom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:53 PM

I would have somebody's hind end for that....But I'm high strung today lol

FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:54 PM

And that is why calling your child out sick from school should be policy in every district!

I love that if I dont call my son out sick I get a personal call from a live person and he's a Junior in HS!

FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Quoting CAMKsMom:

For a simple mistake? Really?

TheLastLetter
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:56 PM

OMG I had my daughters school do that to me to. I was at work. I had dropped her off at the babysitter. so Im like on hold and callin her all at the same time.

Luvmylife146
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:56 PM
Quoting CAMKsMom:

Wow, people are not allowed to make mistakes?
.stella.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:57 PM

omggg! what a horrible mistake to make to a mom! poor teacher and POOR YOU! i can only imagine how long that hold mustve been

Kaelaasmom
I almost had that same heart attack earlier this year. It sucks, but it happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngeLnChainZ

No kidding.. It was a simple mistake. But I understand the worried part I probably would've had a mild heartattack

Quoting Luvmylife146:

Quoting CAMKsMom:

Wow, people are not allowed to make mistakes?

PhotoMama88

Oh gosh sooo scary!!

kellysp6637
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:59 PM

OMG>..this happened to me YEARS ago....my son's afterschool care called me and asked me to please call them when he wasn't going to be attending.....I asked them what they were talking about...and they replied "about today's absence".....I said "Devon was supposed to go to after care today".....they checked and five minutes later (after I had ALREADY left my office to drive to the school)....they said he was outside with some of the other boys playing, they just didn't see him.  I was SOOOOOOOO po'd, but I'd rather be po'd about them making a mistake than have it be true, kwim?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)