Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't pronounce your child's name?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

so one of my friends had a baby a few months ago. She named him Jayandre Zjkeyan.

I asked her how to pronounce his middle name and she told me "oh girl don't ask me my brother made that up i jus say the Z silent thats how i pronounce it he say it weird I wanted it to start wit a j"

I was like oook....

and even if the z is silent, I'm still having a hard time trying to figure out how to pronounce it. Jeh-kee-yan? I don't know, but you would think the mother would know how to pronounce it. And spell it the way she wanted.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
stefvan
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Ja key ann? 

MomX3LJC
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Wow, I have no idea. That is why my children have simple names. Alexis Paige, James Jordan and Caleb Mikal (ok, Mikal is diff, but I can never remember how to spell Michael/Micheal)

momto2boys973
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I'll never understand why parents do that. I mean, to each his own, but why the need for a child to have a unique, "original" name? Do they honestly think their kids will be thrilled to have to spell their name every single time and deal with mispronunciations?

Sharon

TheLastLetter
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:57 PM

I would pronounce it Jay-Key-Yan

roxymama2three
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM

lol ay least I am not the only one that cant remember how to spell Michael

Quoting MomX3LJC:

Wow, I have no idea. That is why my children have simple names. Alexis Paige, James Jordan and Caleb Mikal (ok, Mikal is diff, but I can never remember how to spell Michael/Micheal)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)