Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms with boys need help

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:08 PM
  • 46 Replies

My 7 year old asked me tonight if he can get his ear pierced when we go into town. I was shocked to say the least. I said I would talk it over with his dad when he gets home from work but I know his dad would not care. I am not sure how I feel about that. What would you do? Does you boy have his ear pierced and if he asked, would you allow him to get one?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PhotoMama88
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I dont see anything wrong with it =]

mom1977
by CHRISTINA on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:13 PM

my son is 7 years old too. and there is no i would let him get his ear pierced bc he is 7 years old. tell him when heis 18 years he can do what he wants but at 7 u own them ears

mizkriz73
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:14 PM

We made our oldest son wait until he was thriteen but I guess all in all it is your choice.

ojac
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:16 PM
I think 12-13 is appropriate

Quoting mizkriz73:

We made our oldest son wait until he was thriteen but I guess all in all it is your choice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:17 PM
I'd let my DD pierce her ears at 6, so I suppose I'd let my son do the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maidenmouse
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:19 PM

I have worked with kids for over 10 years. Their perception of themselves is so important!!! Yes I would let my son. My son is 12 and I let him wear these god offal clothes because they are "in style" If they can't express themselves they can get depressed (not that I think that would happen over ear piercing) not to mention kids are mean to eachother and not all kids deal well with it. It also can always be removed. I personally would make him work for it like dishes or something to show he really wants it!!!

JustCJ
by Charlotte on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:19 PM

I see a lot of little boys with it done these days. I probably would say yes but DH probably would shoot that down.

reese1206
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM
No we would not let our boys pierce their ears.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathysclown

Quoting mom1977:

my son is 7 years old too. and there is no i would let him get his ear pierced bc he is 7 years old. tell him when heis 18 years he can do what he wants but at 7 u own them ears

ShadowRaven

I agree.

Quoting ojac:

I think 12-13 is appropriate

Quoting mizkriz73:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)