Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have Panic Disorder?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

How do you deal with it?

What medications are you on, if any?

Are you self-diagnosed?

Do you see a counselor/psychiatrist?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
FaithandHarmony
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:38 PM
I have anxity diagnosed by a doctor. I was on larazapam (sp?) but hated feeling out of it all the time. I went to a panic clinic that thought coping techneques like breathing, redirecting my thoughts, ect. it helps but I still can have attacks a few times a day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:10 PM

I've suffered for 17 years...was diagnosed at 17.  I've taken Prozac, Paxil, and Effexor for it.  Unfortunately, I'm not on anything right now because we've been without insurance.  I try my best to breathe through them, but I end up losing a lot of sleep because of them...they tend to be worst at night.

mommommamommyyy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I swear, nighttime is my worst enemy!  Not so much in the summer months (less darkness?) but the winter is almost unbearable.  :(

Quoting SP_Mama:

I've suffered for 17 years...was diagnosed at 17.  I've taken Prozac, Paxil, and Effexor for it.  Unfortunately, I'm not on anything right now because we've been without insurance.  I try my best to breathe through them, but I end up losing a lot of sleep because of them...they tend to be worst at night.

FaithandHarmony
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM
im the same way. i was told by my doctor its due to the chemical reaction that happens to our body with sun light and it can cause a chemical reaction in the brain that triggers more attacks

Quoting mommommamommyyy:

I swear, nighttime is my worst enemy!  Not so much in the summer months (less darkness?) but the winter is almost unbearable.  :(

Quoting SP_Mama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alf2651
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I have a panic disorder, and I was on clonazepam, but I'm not anymore. I've suffered ever since I was eight, but wasn't diagnosed until I was 19. I'd like to see a counselor, but I can't afford one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)