Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prove it to me....medical marijuana

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:12 PM
  • 46 Replies

I don't want you to prove to me that "it can help" pain, nausea, side effects of chemo, anxiety. I already know that. I already know that you have to have nutrition to heal, and weed helps you want to eat without puking. I already KNOW the obvious benefits.

I want you to prove to me that it can cure a person with cancer all by itself. I want you to prove to me that if I'm diagnosed with cancer tomorrow, that smoking a hella lotta weed will cure me, with no other treatment. I want proof-medically documented proof, that ingesting marijuana or thc will cure my cancer.

Prove it. I don't want some bullshit article written by an unknown pothead. I want solid medical evidence.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rockabilly_ma13
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Cure?  nothing cures cancer... but it takes the pain away and depending on how far gone someone is i think that in it's self is a cure......

ashthecat

huh? who said pot can cure cancer? the benefit it has for cancer patients are what you stated above. it's not a magical cure.

HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:14 PM

I don't know any one who says that pot cures cancer. It makes the process(whether it be treatment, getting better, or letting go) less horrifying and painful. I would think that would be reason enough to say it's a good thing.

.kk.

I did not realize that people were making the blanket generalization that marijuana cures cancer.

Many scientists and doctors believe that marijuana has the potential to cure cancer and part of that is because we do have evidence that THC kills cancer cells.

That said, I am not in the habit of googling just to please someone else when they are perfectly capable of looking up the latest science and technology available.

mandksmommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM

who said it cures? it's meant to ease pain.

Chaos1229
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM
Since when does it cure cancer ? I seemed to have missed the memo .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MisfitInTN
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM

there is no cure for cancer and i dont think marijuana should ever be legal it alters the mind

dustinsmom1
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Cure cancer? Who the hell ever said it could cancer?

futuremilf831
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM
It won't cure your cancer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romanceparty4u
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Quoting MisfitInTN:

there is no cure for cancer and i dont think marijuana should ever be legal it alters the mind

THAT I disagree with.

Who gives a shit if it alters the mind of someone who is dying anyhow? Really?

I find out I have cancer and am terminal I'm gonna get me a bottle of jack daniels and light up a  doob. I would prefer that to morphine, which alters the mind.

And I don't really care if it's legal or not...I'm going to get it, and I'm going to enjoy the remaining days I have without pain and nausea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)