Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so frustrated and I guess I made my husband mad.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM
  • 17 Replies

At tax time last year we bought an acre of land, cheap. We agreed to live with my bil until this tax year. We live rent free but we pay lights and water. This tax year we start working on the land, going to put in septic and everything and try to get a trailer up there to move into until we could build a house. It would be paid for.

Well we found out the 4 acres around the house is for sale and my husband has always wanted that land. We can get the land but make 150 dollar payments for the next 4 years and we would have to wait til tax time NEXT year to be able to put a place on it. I want the land but I want to move now, and we do not need a monthly payment.

I've kinda been grumpy about the whole thing. He comes in tonight and says I'm going to call Hank tomorrow and tell him we decided not to get the land. But he is mad at me I guess, or just trying to make me happy. So now I feel bad.

Don't you think what I want to do is more responsible and logical? We suck at making payments on anything. Money is always ridiciously tight.. I just feel we need to get our place which will be paid for and if the land is still available then we can buy it.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livewell
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Anytime anyone does something "just to make someone ELSE happy", it spells trouble. Y'all need to talk.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:14 PM

I would sit down and tell him how you feel. And with the way stuff is selling lately you may be able to get it later and cheaper.

Eco_Momma
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Honestly I'd buy the land.  You guys could camp on it this summer or find a trailer super cheap and slowly build your house. That's what our plan is. Of course we are planning to biul a strawbale and cob house so it's very cheap to build.

reese1206
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:22 PM
I would tell my husband how I feel but ultimately I leave it up to him. He does what's right for our family. I trust his decisions....even when I feel mine may make more sense. To me it not worth fighting or being angry. I hope it all works out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Sometimes a short-term sacrifice is worth it in the end, though. 

cjsix
by faith on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:49 AM

I'd buy the extra land....

TNmom2three
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 5:10 AM

I want the land too but I don't want to cram my 3 kids into one bedroom for another year. Also, we have to deal with my brother in law that lives here, and we are cramped. I wanted the kids to go to the other school system next year and that will have to wait til fall of 2012 if we wait to move.

mom2_3blessings
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 5:53 AM
i would get the land around it first and wait another year that would be more smart in my opionion.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:04 AM

If the other land is cheap enough I wouldnt pass it up. Its a wonderful investment.  One more year of aggravation will be well worth it in the end.

Is the other property he wants wooded? You could make a mini fortune selling the trees.

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:05 AM

And remember, more land means neighbors FARTHER away!!! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)