Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW on EARTH am I going to manage this? PLEASE help! *Thanks so much everyone!*

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:26 PM
  • 60 Replies

My grampa is on his deathbed. He and my family are in CA and I live in NC. My mom and my brother are trying to find a way to get me out there for the funeral. Here's the thing. I have to take my two year old and my 4 month old. By myself. How am I going to fly from here to CA alone and get through security and gate changes with my two kids, one in a stroller and my sons carseat? I know that someone here has had to have done it. I need advice! HELP!!!

Question: Does my two year old need to be in a car seat on the plane? I know he needs his own seat now, and I thought that he needed to be in his car seat in his seat, but everyone is telling me to check his car seat?

Thanks so much for your help ladies. It's still a very daunting task, but now I feel a little more confident. I really can't thank y'all enough. blowing kisses

apron   toddler boy  baby girl marines

Proud USMC Wife and SAH mommie to little Landen and miss Mackenzie!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amanda0714
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:30 PM
i cant help, but here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy4444
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I dont know anything about it, but here's a bump and a hug!

sissy4444
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:31 PM

BUMP!

IMAMOMx4
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Maybe some one can meet you halfway?

bluerose26
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ItsMe89
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:33 PM

BUMP!

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:36 PM
Double stroller, back pack, and see if your relatives know anyone who they could borrow a car seat from so the seats are already in the car when they pick you up. If you are renting a car, then look into renting the car seats from them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:36 PM

What about using a baby carrier and a stroller and checking everything else. The airport can keep your stroller up in the front of theairplane so you can have it when the plane lands.

Pack a backpack instead of a diaper bag. It will be easier to carry. 

ISAIAHMOM632007
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:38 PM
Can you get one of those car seats stroller things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlock25
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:51 PM

You can do it. Just take your time. Get there early and take your time. Getting frustrated is just going to make you feel worse about the whole situation. Check as many bags and things as you can. I don't know about the stoller but if they will sit it at the front of plane that is great..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)