Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she threatened to call the cops!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:30 PM
  • 9 Replies
we are living w/ my sister til sunday (we finally found a place). thankfully. any how she lives in an apt downstairs and there is this lady who lives upstairs. It use to be a house so the ceiling/floor is very thin so you can hear every thing. my ds who is 4 and my neice who is 2 are sitting here playing at least they were until a half hour ago. the lady from upstairs came down here and told us either we keep the kids quiet or she is calling the cops. now we have to make the kids sit down w/o being able to play so she doesnt call the cops. the thing is that she has 2 dogs which she isnt supposed to have who you can hear run around and bark all through the night. my sister has never threatened to call the cops on her. so why is she going to call the cops bc the kids are playing.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ItsMe89
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM

even if she had called the cops, would they really have done anything if all you have are kids playing? seems like it calling the police would call attention to the dogs she has, would think the landlord would be told about it.

angelgirl0225
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Cranky old hag, I would tell her kids playing isn't illegal, and if it isn't after like a certain time the cops won't do anything. Let the kids play. She will call and tell them what? There are kids playing down stairs make them stop? The cops will laugh at her and tell her she is nuts.

michaeljrsmommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:34 PM

thats too crazy, maybe your sister should go say something to her about that! or if she does call the cops let them be called and complain on her as much is she is you(the kids). i hate ppl like that. plus they were just playing shes wwwaaayyy mean if they cant play like kids are supposed to then wth are the supposed to do in her opinion.

OkieGirlKatrina
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Dont force the kids to sit still and be quiet.  Let them be kids.  Its NOT illegal...  She can call the cops all she wants and the cops will come and tell her there is NO law against kids being KIDS but if she doesnt like it SHE can move....

Samanthamommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:49 PM

:Let your kids play, the cops won't do anything about a couple hyper todders.

Sirenabella
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Cops won't do anything about kids playing. I would let her call. Meanwhile I would be making a call to the landlord telling about her threats and dogs. 

DaconosMommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:33 PM
thats what i told my sister just a while ago but she is afaird she will get in trouble.
arianna24
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Cops wouldn't do anything unless it's past the noise curfew and they aren't damaging anything of hers. Let your kids play!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethanysmom1007
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I don't see how anyone could get in trouble, especially your sister, over some loud kids!  If so, Man, I'd have the cops down here every frickin night, because my kids NEVER shut up!!  LMAO

I would say screw her and let them play and let the cops come to the door, and then tell them how ridiculous her claim is, and tell them she's bothering you by harrassing you!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)