Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got a custody question and yes I will be consulting my lawyer

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM
  • 6 Replies
SD lives with us 99% of the yr. The divorce is wrote so that BM and DH share custody of SD. He has full legal though. She move 8 hrs away from us to live with this guy she met online. She's only met him in person 3 times and each time they've gone to the bar and spent the whole time at the bar. Legally she is homeless. Acording to the state of mo and to the state of Iowa if ur name isnt on a deed to a house or a lease u are considered homeless. She hardly ever stays in one place cuz she lies to the ppl she's living with and they kick her out. DH just lost his job and I was a SAHM. I have an interview tomorrow for my old job and DH has one Tuesday but either way we won't have money to take her to court about the custody agreement.
BM is demanding that SD goes down there for the whole summer but we really dont want to send her. My question is do we have to send her if we can prove that the home BM is living in isn't stable or prove that BM is unstable and legally homeless?
I'm scared to send this 6 yr old down there and have SD come home feeling like she's been neglected. Then all this therapy will have been for nothing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mama4twenty
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:36 PM

I don't know the specifics of custody laws in states other than IL, but here's a bump for you.  Good luck!

owl0210
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:41 PM

She will have to give the court an address if she wants her daughter to visit with her. What type of proof do you have that she is unstable? Is she a crackhead? How do you know she spent the whole time at the bar? A judge wants to see concrete evidence and if you go into court without backing up your claims it will not look good for you.  

KRMomma
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Legally he doesn't have to give her anything that isn't in the custody papers.

What is the visitation schedule and how long has it been since she has seen or talked to your SD.

.kk.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:46 PM

What does your custody agreement say in regards to visitation?

momofSkyeNShy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:58 PM
I have her whole FB. She's not stable cuz everyother month she move in with a different person and has had 4 BF in the month of feb alone. She admitted to cheating on all of them to DH. He's saved all these text!

Quoting owl0210:

She will have to give the court an address if she wants her daughter to visit with her. What type of proof do you have that she is unstable? Is she a crackhead? How do you know she spent the whole time at the bar? A judge wants to see concrete evidence and if you go into court without backing up your claims it will not look good for you.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofSkyeNShy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:04 PM
It says she gets SD over the summer. She hasn't taken SD for a visit in 6m even then it was at SDs great Gmas house for 2 days! The last visit was in dec for an hr and dhs asked her to meet us cuz we were in her town. When she came to Stl she went to the mall 30 mins away and didn't even ask for us to bring SD to the mall so she could see SD!

Quoting KRMomma:

Legally he doesn't have to give her anything that isn't in the custody papers.

What is the visitation schedule and how long has it been since she has seen or talked to your SD.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)