Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you eat Middle Eastern food?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM
  • 40 Replies

It's my absolute fav! I always order extra garlic and they usually give me a big tub of it that I use for snacking through the week... my question is what is the proper name for it? Is it garlic sauce? Garlic yogurt? I'm not really sure...

natural_parenting.png picture by kwright9608

Mommy of 2 Wonderful Boys!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.kk.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:43 PM

I love Indian food but I don't think that's what you're referring to. I guess I have never had Middle Eastern food. I had to google it. I'm getting back restaurants near me like a Persian Grill and the Mediterranean Grill.

What is the food like?

owl0210
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:44 PM

If hummus, falafels and tabouli are considered middle eastern food then yes I love that food! 

3earthangels
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:45 PM
I miss living in a place that has an assortment of resturants :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briansmommy7143
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:45 PM

I live in a highly populated arabic community, so I'm very lucky to be surrounded by their restaurants because the food is amazing! I don't know how hard they are to find everywhere else, but I know when my sister lived in San Diego, she couldn't find arabic food anywhere and couldn't wait to get back here just for that! lol. The food is amazing and generally pretty healthy! Also, it is fairly cheap, so that's a bonus!

Quoting .kk.:

I love Indian food but I don't think that's what you're referring to. I guess I have never had Middle Eastern food. I had to google it. I'm getting back restaurants near me like a Persian Grill and the Mediterranean Grill.

What is the food like?

BlueEyes689
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:46 PM

indian food, and turkish food is really good

briansmommy7143
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Yep, sure is. I like the garlic spread they put on the Shish Tawook sandwiches... I just don't know the proper word for it. Im pretty sure its made from garlic and yogurt? I could be wrong.

Quoting owl0210:

If hummus, falafels and tabouli are considered middle eastern food then yes I love that food! 

MTATMA
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:48 PM
All the time my besty is palestinian she is the best cook. My dh is moroccan we eat moroccan everyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.kk.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Quoting briansmommy7143:

Yep, sure is. I like the garlic spread they put on the Shish Tawook sandwiches... I just don't know the proper word for it. Im pretty sure its made from garlic and yogurt? I could be wrong.

Quoting owl0210:

I thought those were greek foods! It's all greek to me!

Is that anything like Tzatziki sauce?

GonnaBMom
by Miss.Fortune on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Looove that food !

poshkat
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:50 PM

considering that i am from the middle east yup i eat it, its my FAVE. i am dying to get some falafel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)