Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black linty stuff coming from 2 yr olds nose,, tubes in ears??? HELP

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:45 PM
  • 20 Replies

My DD just got tubes in her ears on the 2/23. This evening her grandma pulled out 3 big pieces of black lint looking stuff from her nose and I pulled out 1 piece. I've been with her all day and have not seen her stick anything in there.

Has this happened to anyone else? I called the doctor and he wants me to bring her in first thing in the morning. But I'm worried that it could get in both nostrils and she will stop breathing.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShhhItsASecret
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:50 PM

BUMP!

ShhhItsASecret
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:57 PM

BUMP!

melissa632
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:59 PM

BUMP!

momversuswild
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:00 PM

My daughter has had ear tubes for four years now.  They really don't have any impact on her nose or what comes out?

Zawifey
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:04 PM

I hope you find out what it is! BUMP

momversuswild
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Just to put your mind at ease...even if her nose is completely stopped up, she could still breathe through her mouth.

I would think a more likely explanation would be her playing with a black stuffed animal or on a black carpet?

ShhhItsASecret
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM

ya df said the same thing about the breathing through the mouth. we don't have any black stuffed animals and no carpet. But I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see her doctor

Quoting momversuswild:

Just to put your mind at ease...even if her nose is completely stopped up, she could still breathe through her mouth.

I would think a more likely explanation would be her playing with a black stuffed animal or on a black carpet?

3lilmonsters88
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Both my kids have tubes and it has nothing to do with their noses. Got a question for you though....does the stuff your pulling out stink like have a really bad oder? The reason I ask I bc my lil bro use to cram stuff up his nose and it would come out black and stinky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShhhItsASecret
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I didn't notice a smell, though I only pulled out one and didn't think anything of it. my mom pulled the other 3 out while i was sleeping and pulled on of them apart and it looked linty

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Both my kids have tubes and it has nothing to do with their noses. Got a question for you though....does the stuff your pulling out stink like have a really bad oder? The reason I ask I bc my lil bro use to cram stuff up his nose and it would come out black and stinky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)