Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i wrong

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:47 PM
  • 26 Replies

My best friend is getting married.  i am so happy for her.  she ask for and my 2 kids to be in the wedding.  i was fine with that.  i had the kids stuff, clothes shoes and what not, already bought for the wedding.  my son was to be her ring bearer and my daughter her flower girl.  all i needed was my dress. well i was talking to her on the phone night and telling her about how excited i was about the wedding.  she had changed her date so many times.  well the next day we had gotten a call while at church that our house had caught fire.  needless to say all the stuff for the wedding is gone.  she then moved the date even closer.  my husband had taken the time off for the date she told me.  but it got moved 2 mos closer then what it was.  i told her i and the kids could not be in the wedding cause of the fire and the money i had put into it already.  i couldnt afford it.  

Now she wont talk to me.  she is the godmother to my kids.  i feel like now, if she is mad about me not being able to make a 6 hr drive for a small ceremony, that the date keeps changing on, then she doesnt sound like she can handle the role of godmother to my kids.  

am i being wrong?  sorry its so long.  

Lilypie - (b4zm) Lilypie - (yyC6)

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlueEyes689
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:49 PM

wow thats a bit rude of her. im so sorry all the stuff is gone 

MomTo2SillyBoys
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:50 PM

she needs to grow up, you have bigger prioritites.i'm so sorry about your house

reese1206
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:51 PM
I think its sad she's not understanding of your situation. Have you left messages explaining/telling her how you feel? If so maybe write her a letter....after that if she continues to ignore you....its on her. You tried. I'm sorry....it must be hurtful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:59 PM

It is extremely rude of her not to talk to you over this! 

What was her reason for moving the wedding two months closer? And did she not realize that , that in itself wasnt giving you enough time to get what you needed....im sure you had a lot more going on to worry about other than her wedding! 

I am sorry she is acting like this. 

Tatersmommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:00 PM

I have called and texted her.  she lives in WV and i live in MI.  i cant just go over to her house.  so i am so lost at what to do.  I cant afford it right now.  i would have to get a room for at least a weekend and travel there with 2 small kids by myself and not to mention my daughter has a special diet so i am going to have to buy food for the trip and for after the wedding. she is not even having a reception just a small gathering. 

we lost everything in our house.  i mean everything!  we lived in a modular, there is the joke that it takes 7 mins to burn.  well its true.  it took our 10 mins.  

Tatersmommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:02 PM

at first it was Nov 19th 2011.  and then it went to june 18th (my birthday) and then it changed to the end of june to july and then all of a sudden it got moved to May 7th and now its May 28th.  

3lilmonsters88
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:03 PM
That's very rude of her. She should understand you just lost your house ams everything in it. You don have the time or the money to put up with a wishy washy bridezilla...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samanthamommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:03 PM

I would text her that you just lost everything, including the wedding apparel and if she can't understand that and be a wee bit understanding to YOUR situation and that you can't afford it she doesn't need to be a "friend".

What a selfish twit.

3lilmonsters88
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:05 PM
A good friend of mine kept doing that with her date and she finally made impossible for a bunch of people to even be in it due to time off and such. In the end the wedding was called off a week before the last date.

Quoting Tatersmommy:

at first it was Nov 19th 2011.  and then it went to june 18th (my birthday) and then it changed to the end of june to july and then all of a sudden it got moved to May 7th and now its May 28th.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryhen
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Im a gemini too :)

Well thats wrong!!, seriously, she sould support you, you are going through really tough times. She can go to hell then, the least she should do is provide the clothes your kids would be wearing, so inconsiderate from her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)