Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SMOKER'S STINK TO HIGH HELL!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:04 PM
  • 23 Replies

I have tried quitting many times, the longest i have gone is 13 days...but this time just feels...different. Im not having any problems that i was the last time, i have not been craving a smoke...before when someone else was smoking , and i smelled it ...i missed it.

But now ...i have to say , that when i am sitting at the receptionist desk at the rec center i volunteer in, and people come in from having a smoke...man oh man does it stink! lol, and im only on my 9th day of being on the patch!

Usually my excuses are WHY i need a smoke, when i am trying to quit....but these past 9 days my ONLY thought process is ...damn, my DD does NOT have to be smelling that on me! ( i smoked outside by the way, not in the house).

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krista778
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Yes smoking stinks! SO smokes and I have to sleep with my face turnede away from him because is so gross.

Good for you! I hope you stick it out!

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Congratulations...keep it up.

Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:11 PM

oh...i get what you mean, actually that bothered me even when i DID smoke!, i have never been one to have a smoke at least 30-40 minutes before going to bed...so my teeth were always brushed and my breath didnt smell sooo bad.

But...my SO, even though he is a sweetie and brushes his teeth before he goes to bed, he has a smoke so close to going to bed that i can still smell it ...thankfully i am facing away from him and he cuddles up to me.

Quoting krista778:

Yes smoking stinks! SO smokes and I have to sleep with my face turnede away from him because is so gross.

Good for you! I hope you stick it out!

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Congrats Lanie  ;P  You stalker you.  LMAO

Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Congrats Lanie  ;P  You stalker you.  LMAO

Been thinking of adding you as a friend....but im not sure if you would take it the wrong way LOL....

*by the way , be careful...now that ive quoted you ...ill probably stalk you*

Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Quoting blessed107:

Congratulations...keep it up.

ty

Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:23 PM

bump

Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:33 PM

bump

lovebugs_mom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Good for you! My sister smoked her last cigarette on 12/26/10 and says the same thing. She can smell a smoker walk in a room before I can. Keep up the good job - I know it's not easy!

Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Quoting lovebugs_mom:

Good for you! My sister smoked her last cigarette on 12/26/10 and says the same thing. She can smell a smoker walk in a room before I can. Keep up the good job - I know it's not easy!

I have a theory for that...

If you have never smoked, even though you dont like the smell...you kind of get used to smelling it every now and then because well lets face it , alot of people smoke.

But if you have smoked for as long or more than i did ( i smoked for 15 yrs)...you get used to that smell, heck you dont even notice it. BUT..when you quit, you start getting a better sense of smell and the smoke smell becomes a 'new' smell to you...makes me want to barf lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)