Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does his breath smell??

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:33 PM
  • 21 Replies

My 4 yr. olds breath always smells! It never smells any better or any worse... it's always the same yucky smell, even immediately after brushing his teeth. I brush his teeth for him and THEN he brushes himself, so I know they are being properly cleaned... what could be the cause of it? I plan to ask his doctor and dentist, but that's not for a few more weeks.

natural_parenting.png picture by kwright9608

Mommy of 2 Wonderful Boys!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Yes ask his pedi...sometimes it can be internal. Not saying anything bad,just something coming from the stomach.

mommyzgirlz3
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:35 PM

are you sure its coming from his mouth, I had a friend whos 5 year old got a pea stuck in his nose, it did not block the nasal passage but it was up there and it was collecting germs and other nasty stuff, she too thought it was his breath, but our of curiosity she asked the doc to check his nose  and sure enough  there was a very gross pea stuck up there..

kidlover2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:35 PM

I've heard it's a lack of zinc or something. I don't remember

arianna24
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Wtf that is so odd lol

Quoting mommyzgirlz3:

are you sure its coming from his mouth, I had a friend whos 5 year old got a pea stuck in his nose, it did not block the nasal passage but it was up there and it was collecting germs and other nasty stuff, she too thought it was his breath, but our of curiosity she asked the doc to check his nose  and sure enough  there was a very gross pea stuck up there..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sncolangelo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:39 PM

BUMP!

briansmommy7143
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:40 PM

I've heard of such things as well, but this has been going on for quite some time... and he also sneezes A LOT! lol. Im almost positive it's coming from his mouth.

Quoting mommyzgirlz3:

natural_parenting.png picture by kwright9608

Mommy of 2 Wonderful Boys!

MamaSox1982
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I have no idea but I hope you are able to figure it out

momintraining02
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:42 PM

My 11 year old is the same way she has always had stinky breath--no matter what---no cavaties but she has large tonsils so I think that maybe that has something to do with it....does your son have large tonsils?

ChelseaLiz
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:42 PM

He could have an infection in his gums or mouth of some sort.

Susan0805
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Some times drainage in the back off your throat can cause a sour taste/smell. Infection can cause a nasty smell. Or it could just be a condition where he has bad breath. In any event, a trip to his peds to get him looked over wouldnt hurt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)