Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weight loss tips please

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:38 PM
  • 16 Replies
I'm getting married July 2012, i'm a mom to 4 and I currently breastfeed...I need some real life weight loss tips.
I am currently 265 and would LOVE to be 150 by may 2012 (115 lbs in 14 mo) BUT as I know sh!t happens, getting to 200 by then would be awesome to me too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:51 PM

well Atkins is not recommended while breastfeeding but if you reduce your carbs some, it should help.

Honey and cinnamon mixed with warm water is supposed to help with weight management

Increasing fiber

ice water

spicy foods

weight lifting

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Count calories.  If you don't want to do that, cut out sugar and white flour.  And exercise every day.

Good luck!

dababiesdreams
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dababiesdreams
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:55 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coug7099
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Reduce fat, count calories, get excercise in the things you do everyday. Walk when you could drive, take the stairs rather than the elevator. Portion size is super important for me. I had to buy smaller plates to accomplish this. If you feel that you can reduce your fat intake you might want to consider Alli. I know it has worked for people in my life. Good luck and congrats on the wedding.

Bknotnobody
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:02 AM
30 day shred Jillian Michaels work out and don't bother with the Atkins you end up gaining it all back after you stop the diet and its bad for you. Go see a dietician/ nutritionalist or someone who can help you focus on what you need in your own diet. Exercise and healthy eating are the best way to go about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
im23vaughn
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:12 AM

OMG I am getting married in the summer of 2012 too!! I joined Nutrisystem. I have lost 5lbs in 9 days. Lost 3 the 1st week without exercising. On the 7th day, I started walking for 30 mins a day 5 days a week on a 5.0 ( out of 10) incline for 30 mins and I am going to 2 kickboxing classes a week for an hour. I was 168. I am now 163 and my goal is to get to 128 by July 2011. I'm 5'6.

My advice is to get on a 1200 - 1300 calorie meal plan a day. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. And move move move! Zumba is fun. Kickboxing. Last year I got a Jillian Michaels Wii video that was fun. Wii Fit is fun too. My bestfriend loves the new Michael Jackson Wii game. She uses it to exercise.

dababiesdreams
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:35 AM
thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:40 AM
Google Paul McKenna. He has GREAT tips. Exercise. Get a pedometer. You need to walk 10,000 steps a day. If you have cable it probably has an exercise channel. No need to buy videos. No eating before bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCTVCBN
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I did this about 6 years ago. 

I lost about 15 pounds in 1.5 months. 

I didn't have much to lose.

I know I would have lost more weight if I had exercised too.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107789/forums/read/13495682/_pats_weight_loss_challenge

Here's another one:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107789/forums/read/13495619/_The_Reverse_Diet

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)