Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever had to suffer through a dinner with some New Age flake?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:16 PM
  • 46 Replies

I had to do that last night.  It reminded me of this beat poem by an Australian comedian. 

All the person talked about last night was how veganism is the new wave and how Indigo/Star children are the latest step in man's evolution.  I think I drank more just to drown her out. 

Here's the poem that I thought of all through dinner:

"If there is a God, why did he make me an Atheist?" - Ricky Gervais
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sirenabella
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:20 PM

If they're nice I discuss the new age stuff with them since I grew up around a bunch of people like that. If they're one of the asshole types I have to argue with everything they say. 

QuantumLove
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Lol how old are you?

inspain
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Old enough to have watched otherwise sensible friends succumb to crystals, enlightened water and $10,000 weekends of walking on hot coals and chanting.  ;-)

Quoting QuantumLove:

Lol how old are you?

Aislinn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Were you in a restaurant? I would have ordered a big, old juicy steak and made moaning noises while I was eating it to exaggerate how good it was...lol

Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Quoting inspain:

Old enough to have watched otherwise sensible friends succumb to crystals, enlightened water and $10,000 weekends of walking on hot coals and chanting.  ;-)

Quoting QuantumLove:

Lol how old are you?

Urgh, that's kind of annoying. My friend wastes money on a physic all the time. She's been seeing her for years and the lady has been wrong about countless things. It shouldn't annoy me because it's not my problem but it does. Lol. 

inspain
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Dinner at a mutual friend's place.  The hostess and I practically licked the last of the lamb off of our plates.  I enjoyed watching her squirm when I sucked a bone.  Strange thing was, the guy she was with said he had only just started being a vegan.  Cold turkey, after being an omnivore.  He acted like he had Stockholm Syndrome...all I could think was that the flake must give good head and lots of it.

Quoting Aislinn:

Were you in a restaurant? I would have ordered a big, old juicy steak and made moaning noises while I was eating it to exaggerate how good it was...lol

QuantumLove
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:32 PM

I would never pay for that.

Quoting inspain:

Quoting QuantumLove:

Lol how old are you?

QuantumLove
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:35 PM

"What the bleep down the rabbit hole".....just sayin...lol.

inspain
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Hey, I just noticed your name!  Don't get me wrong, you'd be surprised what I do give credence to, but the flakes that go on about envisioning money in order to get it and what their plans are for 12.21.12, those are the ones that annoy me.

Quoting QuantumLove:

I would never pay for that.

Quoting inspain:

Quoting QuantumLove:

Lol how old are you?

.Sugaree.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:36 PM
I like that stuff :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)