Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virgin Mobile LG Rumor (upset)!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

Anyone got one? I just bought one yesterday. I thought it would be a better deal for me, since i was paying $60 for unlimited talk and text through AT&T, virgin mobile offered an unlimited talk text and web plan for $60. So, i bought the only phone i liked the LG Rumor. Well, i took the memory card out of my old phone and placed it in the Rumor so i could have my ringtones and all my pics, it won't let me use ANY of it!! And for anything! So, i thought ok, i'll out  smart the phone i'll have my b/f send me ringtones through texts to my phone and i'll save them to my phone and then use them. Well, when he did that i tried to save it and it saved it to my memory card which i could then not use it. so i took my memory card out and it said to please insert memory card so it could save it. IT WON'T SAVE TO MY PHONE! Its brand new so its got like 87% free memory space. My friend has the same phone through a different company. I sent her the same ringtone in a foward to her phone. Her phone gave her the option to save it to her phone and use it as a ringtone. I'm thinking of taking the phone back, i want to be able to access all my photo's and ringtones. Anyone have this phone through virgin mobile that might know whats going on...

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:39 PM

I had that phone for a year , now my SO has it. I never tried doing any of that stuff on it though. But it worked fine for everything else, i would take it back as well.

MyLifeAsHisWife
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:40 PM

I had MANY LG rumors in a year as did my DH and after having to replace them 14 times they upgraded us to new phones. GOOD LUCK!

brandi2781
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:41 PM

I dont have that phone anymore, and I never had that problem with it, but I do know that if the memory card has been formatted, it cant be used with other phones. It sounds like you need to just go buy a new memory card and just start over. It sucks I know. Good thing is memory cards are only like $10 now.

DVS
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:43 PM

There should be an option in your settings saying whether you want to save to phone or memory card. In order for ringtones to be used they must be saved on the phone. Do you see the option where you can copy??

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Each time you put a memory card into a phone it formats it for that type of phone. So if you went from anything other than an LG Rumor to that, then of course it's not going to be able to read things formatted and saved to the card by a different type of phone.

mom2ljh
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:44 PM
It may have to do with going from one carrier to another, or it could just be an issue with the phone. LG is kind of known for crappy products. Well, not kind of, thats really what they're known for. Once in a blue moon they put out something could, but nine times out of ten, their products are mediocre at best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DVS
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I just got a new phone but i loved my rumor

megarooniduh
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:49 PM

My SO has had that phone with Sprint and has had NOTHING but problems with the phone. It will randomly not ring even if the volume is all the way up, it also turns off randomly even if it has a full battery charge. He also can not send ringtones through text message or recieve them. I think Sprint has it this way so you can't give away ringtones for free, know what I mean? Honestly I would take that phone back ASAP.  

dalene66
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:53 PM

I would take it back.  Ask the person there to transfer all your stuff to new phone.  My friend had that done.  I don't know about your phone, I have a Droid X.  Good luck.

DVS
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Ok go to your media choose my audios then click options then choose copy then choose to copy it to the phone....

and to make it save to the phone you go menu, settings, memory then save options and from there you choose where to save each file

good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)