Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you let your toddler...*ADDED REPLY ON PAGE 5*

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:46 PM
  • 58 Replies

Play outside? I have a 13 month old that likes to run everywhere. His walking skills aren't perfect, he still falls down from time to time. I'm not outdoorsy at ALL. I take the occasional walk or take my baby to swing at the park but I NEVER let him walk outside. I'm allergic to trees and grass. If I stay outside for like 2-3 hours I'll probably feel like crap for the next day or so. So that's why I don't go very often. I'm also have a fear of bugs. I've got ant bitesbefore but I've never been stung by anything. When did you let your toddler play outside?

*EDIT*
I guess I'm am an outside-phobe. When I think about taking him outside, all can think about are all the bad things that could happen to him. Like I see the grass I think of bugs that could bite him, stepping in an ant hill or dog poop. Or he could fall on a stick and itcoyld scratch him up. I see the sky, I think of bird poop falling from the sky or being stung by a wasp or a bee. When I see concrete, I think of him falling on his face or skinning his knees. Dirt doesn't bother me, bugs in the dirt do. When I go to a playground and see woodchips for the ground, all I can think of is him falling and me trying to get splinters out of him. I love the indoors but I do want to take him outside because I know the fresh air and sunshine is good for him. I did take him swimming when it was warmer and it looks like I might be able to get to do that again soon since the weather is warming up. How can I let go of these fears?

All right. Since you all know my problem now, what should I do with him when I take him outside. I live in an apartment so I don't have my own yard. What should his first outside experience be?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rowdys.Mommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:48 PM
My son was playing outside before he could walk!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abigailia
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Ditto

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

dipsetgrl06
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:50 PM

My girls were out ever since they were one month old. Now one is 3 yrs and the other is 4 months. I hate bugs too! But let your son enjoy the outdoors. Just keep an eye out for allergies.

hautemama83
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:51 PM
Yup same here

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies11

yep, same here.

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy

**~KrIsTiN~**
amy358

i didnt wait till they were toddlers. my oldest was summer baby so it was too hot when she was forst born, but when it hit spring of the next yr we were outside all the time.  youngest was a halloween baby so she started in the spring too. i tried keepin her on a blanket, but she always wormed her way off so she could feel the grass....its good for them AND the fresh and activity will help them sleep better

kemmerer411
Yep

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Quoting Rowdys.Mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)