Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

hand clapping games..

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 7:59 AM
  • 12 Replies

i want to teach my daughters how to play them.. do you know any of the old rhymes?

by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Ms. Sue .....

miss sue...miss sue...miss sue from alabama, sitting in her rocker eating betty crocker, watching the clock go tick ...tock...tick tock bananana tick , tock , tick tock banamana ...abcdefg wipe those cooties off of me...amocha , amocha, amocha freeze!

Miss Molly had a steamboat

Miss molly had a steamboat, the steamboat had a bell...miss molly sat upon it and broke her little ASS me no more questions, please tell me no more lies...the boys are in the washroom zipping up their flys, are in the city the bees are in the park....miss molly and her boyfriend are sitting in the d.a.r.k. DARK!!!!!!!!!

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Mar. 4, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Never heard the Miss Sue one......but I have heard the steamboat one.

There is one with Miss Mary Mack, but I can't think of the whole thing. 

Miss mary mack, mack, mack

all dressed in black, black, black

with silver buttons, buttons, buttons

all down her back, back, back......

And that's as far as I can get......

Quoting Lanie_momofone:

Ms. Sue .....

miss sue...miss sue...miss sue from alabama, sitting in her rocker eating betty crocker, watching the clock go tick ...tock...tick tock bananana tick , tock , tick tock banamana ...abcdefg wipe those cooties off of me...amocha , amocha, amocha freeze!

Miss molly had a steamboat, the steamboat had a bell...miss molly sat upon it and broke her little ASS me no more questions, please tell me no more lies...the boys are in the washroom zipping up their flys, are in the city the bees are in the park....miss molly and her boyfriend are sitting in the d.a.r.k. DARK!!!!!!!!!

While you were too busy being so judgemental of others, you forgot to lock your closet door~~and all the skeletons fell out!!  OOPS!!

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Mar. 4, 2011 at 8:47 AM

There is also another one with Billy.........ugh....I can't remember all of that one either.

It starts out........cross down, when billy was a boy.....something, something with a toy.

Not much help....am I?  LOL

While you were too busy being so judgemental of others, you forgot to lock your closet door~~and all the skeletons fell out!!  OOPS!!

i.heart.rachel
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 8:48 AM

I know way too many ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't remind meeeeeeeeee......

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Mar. 4, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Awww....come on!! 

Now, I am going to run around work and see how many other people can remember....LOL

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

I know way too many ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't remind meeeeeeeeee......

chelebele05
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 8:53 AM

My daughters name is Molly....ha ha

Quoting Lanie_momofone:

Ms. Sue .....

chelebele05
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Miss mary mack, mack mack

all dressed in black black black

with silver buttons buttons buttons

all down her back back back

she asked her mother mother mother

for fifty cents cents cents

to watch the elephants elephants elephants

climb the fence fence fence

they jumped so high high high

they touched the sky sky sky

they never came back back back

till the fourth of july july JULY!

Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Stella Ella Ola 

Stella Ella Ola

The Song:

Stella ella ola, clap clap clap
Say yes, chicko chicko, chicko chicko chak!
Say yes, chicko, chicko, allo, allo
Allo allo allo!
Say one, two three four, FIVE!

The Game:

Have everyone stand in a circle. Everyone stands with both palms up; your left palm on TOP of your neighbour's right palm. At the beginning of the song, the leader slaps her left palm down on her right-hand neighbour's left palm. This second person then repeats the action with her right-hand neighbour, etc., all around the circle.

The goal is to NOT get your palm slapped at the end of the verse. When the countdown gets to "FIVE", if the girl who would get her left hand slapped by her neighbour at "FIVE" moves her hand out of the way in time, the girl doing the slapping is out. If on the other hand the girl doesn't get her hand out of the way, she is out. Whoever is out moves to stand in the middle of the circle. Once several rounds have been played and you have three or four people standing in the middle of the circle, they can begin their own smaller circle and keep playing! The more players you have, the more concentric circles you can get.

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Mar. 4, 2011 at 9:00 AM

OK some of the 'billy' one is coming back....

Cross down when billy was one....he (can't figure that one out)

Cross down when billy was two...he learned to tie his shoe....shoe de a dah, shoe de a dah....half past two

Cross down when billy was three....he learned to climb a tree...tree de a dah, tree de a dah...half past 3

Cross down when billy was 4....he learned to shut the door...door de a dah, door de a dah....half past 4

Does anyone else know that one??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)