Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

2 piece bikinis on little girls? *picture added*

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2011 at 1:45 PM
  • 300 Replies

I saw some other moms saying they don't let their little girls wear 2 piece bikinis.
So I was just curious how common this was?  My daughter just turned 2 and my mom got her a 2 piece for her birthday, we're doing swimming lessons together in afew months and I can't wait to put her in it!  It has ruffles on the butt and is just really over the top.
Do you let your, lets say 5 year old and under, wear a 2 piece?

EDIT**
Wow, this post really blew up, I'm only on page 6 so bare with me lol...Here is a picture of my daughter last summer, she was about 18 months old.  I just don't see what is inappropriate about this?  We had a great day at the beach :)  Her swim suit this summer doesn't have the skirt, its more just like underpants with a big ruffle on the bum.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Mar. 14, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristinlimon
by on Mar. 14, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Now because she has trouble getting the top of a one piece down to go potty. BUT she has to have a Tankini so she is covered. She is only little once so we like to keep her innocent for the most part.

Neelah
by on Mar. 14, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Nope. Bikinis to me represent sexy...not appropriate for young girls.

babymaking11
by on Mar. 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM
I have a 14 month old ds but of this next baby is a girl she can wear bikini there cute I don't see a problem with them I've worn bikinis all my 17 years of life
TariMeccico
by on Mar. 14, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Yes dd is 4 and she picked out a really cute green and pink camouflage two piece.

babymaking11
I guess its all what ur comfortable with
5-kids
I don't mind it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karabearblu
I think they are cute. I don't see "sexual" when I look at little girls bikinis. I just see cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
windi85
I used to but now its tankins and shorts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alicia.bear
by on Mar. 14, 2011 at 1:51 PM

DD had a one piece last summer, but she was only like 7 months. I see nothng wrong with two pieces, especially i they are potty training. But there is a difference betewwn a bikini and a two piece IMO

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I think 2 piece suits are adorable, and my DD had one at age 1, 2, and 3. She picked out a one piece at age 4. We'll see what she picks this year.

Honestly, a 2 piece was easier during the diaper changing/potty training days too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)