Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did anyone with a scheduled csection end up...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:49 AM
  • 36 Replies
...with a VBAC or a vaginal birth? Just wondering because I am a repeat csection and in the back of my mind I am still hoping for a vbac. None of the hospitals around here will do them. I have a feeling if I'm not fully comfortable with the repeat I will freak out and panic like I did when I went through a day of labor only to get my dd cut out of me. It was a horrible experience except seeing my dd after I came to. I am just wondering if anyone went into labor before they're scheduled date and ended up having the baby vaginally. Not that I am going to try and induce myself but I can always hope that I might get the vbac I want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alikins
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:51 AM
Bump. I'm hoping the same thing for my next child. I absolutely hated my section & was heartbroken that I was pressured into something I didn't want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenn2bowman
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:53 AM

I had my first child by c section, I was scheduled for my 2nd child but had him natural, my 3rd came natural as well! There is hope for the vback did it 2 times after my emer c section.

JasonsMom2007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:54 AM
They can't force you into a section. Don't show and then go to the hospital pushing!
You can also transfer doctors at the last minute to a vbac friendly one further away. My hospital was 45 minutes from home and well worth it.
Contact ican and find out where the closest one is! I had no clue there was one closer than 1.5 hours away until I contacted ican.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof525
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:54 AM

No, I did try though, it just didn't work out. There probably are some women who did in one of my c-section groups -

ashandmasysmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:56 AM
My oldest two were vaginal births. My youngest was supposse to be a csection due to the fact that I hemmoraged with my girls. I ended up having him vaginally as well. My labor with him was two whole hours. I realized I was in labor and went in,my doctor had two scheduled csections that morning I was third in line. Well after two hours of being in my room, I told the nurse I needed to push she said let me check,immediatly closed my legs and hollered for any doctor to come. My son was out with one push,and yes I had bleeding issues as well. But glad I avoided the csection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:57 AM

A friend of mine had a scheduled c/s but ended up delivering before then vaginally.  It was her first baby though, so no vbac issues.  She didn't do anything to induce, baby was just ready to come out.

karabearblu
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:57 AM
I felt pressured too and way too drugged up. Especially when it neared 24 hours after my water broke. They were all freaking out and shoving papers in my face to sign. I wanted to keep pushing but I could barely feel it and dd wasn't going anywhere. I pushed for three hours and she didn't come down at all. I wasn't prepared for a csection. I panicked. I made it awake until after they took dd out. She was so stuck in my pelvis they were yanking and yanking at her. I felt it in my chest. It was horrible. I know I have time to prepare this time for the csection but its still scary.

Quoting Alikins:

Bump. I'm hoping the same thing for my next child. I absolutely hated my section & was heartbroken that I was pressured into something I didn't want.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Not me.. I had a scheduled csection..but she decided to come early and I still had to have a csection!

tharealty2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:59 AM

I wouldnt' get a c section if I didn't want to,,. just wait till you go into labor naturally and go in the hospital after your contractions start.

ToriBabe1221
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:00 AM
I wish you luck mama.
Is your pregnancy healthy?
I, personally, wouldn't show up for the repeat.
But I really have my heart set on a vbac.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)