Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh keep your kids home when you KNOW their sick!!! (updated!!!)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:57 AM
  • 12 Replies

My 13 year old dd's best friend has strep throat. Her parents brought her to the doctor, got the diagnosis. Did they keep her home from school? Nope. Sent her to school when she wasn't even on medication. Everyone knows, or should know, you are still contagious until you've been on meds for atleast 24 hours. My dd is supposed to sing in a variety show at school. She's worked so damn hard at this. She gets up this morning and wouldn't you know it, her voice is scratchy, she tells me her throat hurts. I look and her tonsils are white and yellow!!! Now I have to take her to the doctor tomorrow to have her tested for strep. She's really friggin upset because she has rehearsal tomorrow and tuesday, she misses even one and they'll kick her out of the damn show. I'm going to talk to her teacher and try to convince them not to kick her out. The show is Friday night. She'd be better by then and could sing. Just pisses me off that her friends parents knew she was sick, knew she was contagious and still sent her to school and STILL have NOT given her antibiotics for her strep. WTF are they waiting for christmas? Jackasses.

Ok so took DD to the doc this morning. Turns out she does NOT have strep THANK GOD. She has some pretty nasty post nasal drip that turned into a mild upper respiratory infection. Doc said she should be better in a few days and was NOT contagious. I let her go to school so they didn't kick her out of the variety show!!! I'm so happy she didn't have her little heart broken over this.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dark_Rain
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:01 AM

BUMP!

Dark_Rain
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:05 AM

BUMP!

bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:07 AM
I just got over it. Get her in tomorrow morning she should feel better by wednesday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alicia.bear
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:08 AM
I hate it when parents do that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m0ml0v3s2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:11 AM

yep, I agree w/ u when I volunteered for the school we saw it all the time, I honestly don't know ho wmy kids haven't gotten sick more.

Dark_Rain
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:11 AM

I'm calling as soon as the office opens. I'm really hoping they can get her right in. Just really fries my ass that parents would send their kid to school knowing she's contagious!!! If I know my kids are sick they are staying home!!! DD is really mad right now because I won't let her go to school but no way am I sending her in contagious.

Dark_Rain
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:13 AM

I see it happen way too much! I mean hell, I work in a nursing home, if I get it and don't know I can spread it to the elderly people I take care of. Thats really not good at all. Plus I have 2 boys here exposed as well. Some parents just don't stop and think its one thing to spread the love but this is just taking it a bit far!!!

Quoting m0ml0v3s2:

yep, I agree w/ u when I volunteered for the school we saw it all the time, I honestly don't know ho wmy kids haven't gotten sick more.

Cosetterose
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:14 AM
That's so irresponsible. It pisses me off too.
Dark_Rain
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:17 AM

I'd like to revoke their parenting card :)

Quoting Cosetterose:

That's so irresponsible. It pisses me off too.

Dark_Rain
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Bump for update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)