Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kinda confused...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:13 AM
  • 10 Replies

So. I went on my first date a week ago. It was great. He SEEMED to be having a good time and I personally thought that we clicked. He was so polite and nice...and the funniest guy i have ever met. Of course he's a comedian so that's a given. lol Anyway...Soo..It's been a week and he hasn't contacted me except to say that he wasn't going to go bowling. (my friend organizes a bowling night once a month) I had invited him to come and he said maybe. He text me the day we were supposed to go and told me he wouldn't be able to go but to have a good birthday. (i turned 27 on wed) anyway...so i haven't had any contact with him since. I plan on not contacting him until he does. but what do you guys think? Is he not interested? He is really busy with all of his comedy shows and such...but idk. i liked him. :(

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sherry132
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Move on. Sounds like he isn't interested.

SultryLadyBug
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:16 AM
He seems either really busy or disinterested. I'd be inclined to go with the latter and just not contact him until he makes time, and then Id pass in his initial invitation so he doesn't think you are sitting around waiting for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pyrateprincess
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Good idea! :) although i'm not waiting around...just bummed. but whatever. his loss if he doesn't want to persue. anything. oh well.

Quoting SultryLadyBug:

He seems either really busy or disinterested. I'd be inclined to go with the latter and just not contact him until he makes time, and then Id pass in his initial invitation so he doesn't think you are sitting around waiting for him.

Cymbeline
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:28 AM

Is he anyone well known? I'm just curious.

Honestly, it seems like he is either socially inept, truly busy, or just not that interested.

tyra618
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Maybe he does like you but is "waiting" for you to call him and chit chat.  I don't know. 

stockuponlove
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Quoting sherry132:

Move on. Sounds like he isn't interested.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CannonMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:33 AM
I would text if u can & maybe just ask how he's doing or something like that. I say text cause its less personal & since u have only been on 1 date I wouldnt take the fact that he missed ur birthday too personal maybe it was too soon for him. I would text
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CannonMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:35 AM
My friend has this saying...When I text u its because I miss you, when I don't I'm waiting for you to text me. Isnt that cool, he's a guy too, I think its a sweet way to put it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rockabilly_ma13
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 AM
He is trying to ditch u in a nice way..move on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pyrateprincess
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:42 PM

I think I might invite him to a game night that i'm having later this week, and if he doesn't go then i'm just not even going to try. and no, he's not well known. he does theater and does comedy shows sometimes around sonoma county. but doesn't change the fact that he's hillarious! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)