Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worst Parents ever at my work tonight... to bad the law isn't on my side.

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:25 AM
  • 29 Replies

Asked my manager if I could cut off two parents who were drinking at my bar/restaurant tonight. Apparently they had to be visibly drunk (which they weren't) to cut them off. Over the course of 2-3 hours they had at least 7 (23 ounce) tall beers each. They had 4 kids with them who were all under the age of 7.

First, they sent there 3 year old kid all the way across the restaurant/bar into a bathroom by themselves. One of our waitresses literally bumped into the kid as he came running out.

Then, I went by their table. Mom was texting, dad was watching the hockey game, and one of the kids had wrapped the cord to the blinds around his neck. I quickly ran to him and untangled him. His parents sternly told me he was fine, and when I said I was worried he might choke himself the mom said, "he hasn't died yet." then went back to texting!

As they went to leave the restaruant, the dad held the two year old over his shoulder by the ankle. (the kids head was by the dad's butt) and ordered the two older kids (probably 5 and 6) to get under the table and clean up all of the dropped food and trash. Then as the three year old (the one from the bathroom incident) went running for the door, he tripped and fell. One of my co-workers helped the kid up and was trying to check him over when the mom grabbed his hand and said "shut up you are fine."

Anyways, I wanted to tell them off and tell them that no good parents drink that much beer than drive there kids home. I wanted to cut them off! I wanted to tell them that their kids were more important than the fucking hockey game or the phone. Instead I told them "have a nice night" because I can't afford to lose my job...

Thanks for letting me vent!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2boys_1girl
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:30 AM
Bump
brandi2781
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:31 AM

First off, who the hell sits at a bar or restaurant for 7 hours with kids?!? Okay now that I said that, I probably would have followed them outside and got their tag number to call the police and let them deal with it that way.

stockuponlove
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:33 AM
Wow. At least you cared enough to let it get to you. But how horrible for their children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lhernandez7208
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:33 AM
Assholes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoneBad31
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:35 AM

They have a lot of kids...honestly, by the time you have that many, you are immune to a lot of things. I had 5 kids...By the time I got to my 5th one, I would have answered you pretty much the same way...not to be rude, but because that is just how blunt I am when it comes to my sense of humor. People take it completely the wrong way.

Frankly, your nosiness would have gotten on my nerves.

The only thing I can say that was really bad about the situation...I would have never let my 3yo go to the bathroom alone, and YES, they were drinking too much to drive their kids home.

CocoBeen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:35 AM
I would have peeked for their LP# and called anonomysly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle07
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:36 AM
I was thinking the same thing

Quoting brandi2781:

First off, who the hell sits at a bar or restaurant for 7 hours with kids?!? Okay now that I said that, I probably would have followed them outside and got their tag number to call the police and let them deal with it that way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2boys_1girl
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Quoting brandi2781:

Shit. I meant 2-3 hours. I will fix it.

tyra618
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 AM

Glad I'm not alone.  I was thinking this as well.

Quoting turtle07:

I was thinking the same thing

Quoting brandi2781:

tmarland04
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 AM

I second that!!! WOW!!! Don't they deserve parent of the year?!?! I feel bad for the kids!!

Quoting lhernandez7208:

Assholes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)