Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cause for concern?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:50 AM
  • 9 Replies
Is a swollen lymph node cause for concern?

I have one behind my ear the size of a pin ball and the pain is horrible. Any suggestions on alleviating the pain?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
babie113
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:52 AM

oh yes it is get it checked out it could be lymphoma .

Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:52 AM

I'm not sure. Bump. :)

mamakenzi
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:53 AM

Or it could just be an infection of some sort.  Yes you should get it checked out but don't jump to the worst conclusions.

stockuponlove
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:55 AM
Agreed.

Quoting mamakenzi:

Or it could just be an infection of some sort.  Yes you should get it checked out but don't jump to the worst conclusions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:58 AM

Just an infection I bet. I get them all the time under my ears and my jaw, usually accompanied by a sore throat. Gargling with warm salt water helps kill the infection. 

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:59 AM
Yeah I'm not like freaking out just didn't know if I should really go see my doctor. I've had them in my neck before usually when I have severe bronchitis but right now I'm not sick in the slightest and the pain is ridiculous. My others never hurt like this. Guess its better to go get seen though especially cuz its killing me. I can't sleep on it. =/ Sorry I'm so tired.

Quoting stockuponlove:

Agreed.

Quoting mamakenzi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:03 AM

Do you get sinus infections? When my mom's sinuses act up, sometimes the infected fluid travels to her ears and makes her lymph nodes swell like that.

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:05 AM
Not often but I had a MRI last October and they found a sinusitis infection. I felt perfectly healthy! We had no idea! They gave me a giant antibiotic too. W/o the MRI we never would have known.

So now that you mention it, I wonder is the sinusitis is back.

Quoting charliebean:

Do you get sinus infections? When my mom's sinuses act up, sometimes the infected fluid travels to her ears and makes her lymph nodes swell like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:11 AM

Well that's what I thought of when you said you didn't feel sick. My mom will feel totally healthy, then her lymph nodes will swell and she gargles with the salt water and drinks a lot of cranberry juice (my mom is kinda crunchy, lol), but antibiotics will help. 

Quoting Mipsy:

Not often but I had a MRI last October and they found a sinusitis infection. I felt perfectly healthy! We had no idea! They gave me a giant antibiotic too. W/o the MRI we never would have known.

So now that you mention it, I wonder is the sinusitis is back.

Quoting charliebean:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)