Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone explain to me how radiation

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:33 AM
  • 5 Replies

from Japan was able to get into the tap water in Massachusettes? Its on the ticker at the bottom of the screem on GMA, but no explanation. How is that possible, I mean I would understand if they said CA or WA but Mass, really?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
weezer_cookie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:36 AM
Yeah they are testing water from 100 sites across the US. It's called fallout. The radiation gets in the clouds and falls with rainwater. Apparently its a low enough level that it is ok to drink but... holy shit, right? LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:40 AM

Quoting weezer_cookie:

Yeah they are testing water from 100 sites across the US. It's called fallout. The radiation gets in the clouds and falls with rainwater. Apparently its a low enough level that it is ok to drink but... holy shit, right? LOL

Okay that makes sense now lol. All I drink is tap water and nothing else, guess we will see if I grow those 3rd and 4th arms I am always wishing I had lol.

ttc_number2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:40 AM

my family is from japan and they told my husbands parents not to allow any babies to drink water from the tap. it is scary

2and2onway
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Quoting ttc_number2:

my family is from japan and they told my husbands parents not to allow any babies to drink water from the tap. it is scary

I pray your family is well and accounted for. I heard that children and pregnant women were told not to drink it and are the first to be rationed bottled water.

mackQuin
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:45 AM

they found it in the rainwater. Its supposedly low and not a threat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)