Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter quit school today :/

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:38 AM
  • 2 Replies
Well, she is 3 but attends public school. We have a program that accepts 3 year olds to attend from 7:30-11:20.
Kamryn got sick and was hospitalized. She had an awful stomach bug and was out an entire week during which her teacher had a baby leaving a new sub every day. Kam could not handle this so I withdrew her.
My inlaws have said I have made her a quitter, but she is 3!!! I am a sahm and can care for her just fine. I am also a certified teacher (ec-4th grade) so I can work with her at home as well. Budget cuts have eliminated pk3 &pk4 from next years curriculum so she can't go to school next year even if she wanted to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SoKamele
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:45 AM

I think it's perfectly fine that you're letting her stay home. Just so long as she knows that when she goes to school that's not an option.

adri_nevarez
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:47 AM
I am sure she will be more ready when she is 5. She loved her teacher, but with her anxiety issues the subs were mAking her crazy. It was a new one every day :/

Quoting SoKamele:

I think it's perfectly fine that you're letting her stay home. Just so long as she knows that when she goes to school that's not an option.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)