Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do kids always get sick...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:18 AM
  • 9 Replies

When it is the most inconvenient?

My poor daughter is burning up, my back up babysitters are MIA and I have to go to class today.

Right now, my plan is to take her to class with me, in a stroller so she doesn't have to walk, and make her listen to my IPOD so she can't hear. 

Here's to hoping my professor doesn't freak out...I can't afford to miss class again!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SoKamele
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Wow........I totally feel for ya..

I hope that prof is cool with this......and your daughter behavior is stellar.

JADIEBUG
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I would contact your professor and/or school first. Most professors or universities/colleges have rules against non-students in the classroom.

RheaF
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:22 AM

IDK, My DS has been randomly throwing up since Thursday. Thursday, he threw up in co-op. Got him home and he threw up 2 more times, then nothing. He was fine all weekend. Till we got him home yesterday. He threw up 3 times last night. No fever, nothing hurts on him, and he was up playing the entire time, which did suck. He is 2 so, we ended up following him around with a bucket. His Doctor said if there is no fever, there is no need to bring him in. This morning he is up eating and drinking like normal.

Lavanda
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:23 AM

wow... good luck.  i mean, they have to somewhat understand and as long as your kid isnt a distraction or being loud hope it works out for you. 

.kk.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Quoting JADIEBUG:

I would contact your professor and/or school first. Most professors or universities/colleges have rules against non-students in the classroom.

They do? We have non students in the classroom all the times. I think that's why we're a Tier 1 research university. LOL Anyway, I've seen it done before.

If she asks us to leave, we will leave. No biggie. they can't kick me out for it or anything. There's no way to contact the professor before class anyway. her office hours are after class.

Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Every single time I happen to go to wal-mart my daughter is sick within 3 days and has a fever and diarrhea.  The hardest part about sick kids is watching them suffer, imo.

Memigen

Mine seem to get sick back, to back, to back.... then it is a series of sickness lasting for WEEKS.

Veni.Vidi.Vici

Quoting JADIEBUG:

that depends a lot on the university

JADIEBUG

Quoting .kk.:

Quoting JADIEBUG:

They do? We have non students in the classroom all the times. I think that's why we're a Tier 1 research university. LOL Anyway, I've seen it done before.

If she asks us to leave, we will leave. No biggie. they can't kick me out for it or anything. There's no way to contact the professor before class anyway. her office hours are after class.

It generally applies to children and not adult non-students.

I would just call and make sure. I have seen people reported to the Dean for bringing their children to class before...I worked in my school's Dean of Students office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)