Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I blame my dog for having my son

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:30 AM
  • 11 Replies

Okay, here's my conception story. I won't give the details of the 'actual' conception, but what led up to it is kinda funny.  (now anyways)

5 years ago this July, I walked my dogs down stairs (we lived in a second story apartment) for their morning walk. As soon as I got off of the stairs, my German Shepard/Rottweiler mix fucking took off, making me fall off the sidewalk, which was a whole 1/2 inch drop. This entailed a broken foot. 

Some pertinent details: I was using BC and was a heavy smoker

So anyways, I'm hobbling around for a couple of weeks with a broken foot. Then suddenly I couldn't breathe and was coughing up blood. Turns out, I had Pulmonary Embolisms. Was in the hospital for 4 days and had to get off of BC.

So a few days after getting out of the hospital Dh had relations---mind you I'm not on BC---we thought we were 'safe' because we assumed it took approximately 30 days for the hormones to kick back in. 6 weeks later we found out exactly how wrong we were in that thinking when I showed him my + test. 

We still laught about it to this day. Crazy how things work out. 

Do you have a funny/interesting story about how you conceived your kiddos?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lavanda
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:31 AM

nope.  just good ole' withdrawl method with my son and 28 months of trying with my daughter.

Perfect.Pixie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:32 AM
Lol damn dog
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paper_clip
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:33 AM

I know, right?

The bad thing is she can't stand my son!! lol  She's incredibly jealous of him, although it's her fault!!  lmao

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

Lol damn dog

lyranightshade
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:35 AM

lol!

I blame massive amounts of homemade wine and a sinus infection for the conception of DS.

My exhusband and I were visiting his mom (who I love to this day) and we were celebrating moving in together and getting engaged. It was a whirlwind romance of sorts. lol Anyway, she made this AMAZING dinner and all the time, kept making sure my wine glass was full. I drank a bottle and a half of wine all by myself. I'd just finished up my zpack for a sinus infection, too. I'd never thought to read the interactions of medications, because my prescribing doctor knew I was also on birth control... I mean, when I came in for the appointment, that was one of the first things they asked: What other medications are you taking? I assumed that if something would interfere with birth control, they'd, you know... give me a head's up.

Anyway, after a bottle and a half of wine, the conception took place. lol

A few weeks later, a friend of mine was having a pregnancy scare. She was too scared to take a test by herself and asked me to pee on the other one. So, I did, thinking 'No WAY am I pregnant!' Yeah. I was wrong.

Mine was a BFP and hers? Negative. lol

Red_Tempest
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:37 AM

i just got my BFP on the 23rd...

Normally when DF and I are 'busy', we never get bothered.  

Not this cycle...

Every time, (and no, this is not an exaggeration),  my mother has been calling, texting, or coming downstairs to knock on our door when we were BD-ing.  

DF and I have been trying since my m/c last September, but my mom doesn't know that.  All she knows is that I'm allergic to most major types of BC, and latex. :P  She's not unhappy, but she's not 100% thrilled either, lol.

So, I jokingly told her: If she'd just left us alone I wouldn't be pregnant! lol

Now she thinks it's all her fault (which just sounds creepy! lmao).

paper_clip
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:38 AM

LOL--that's funny! 

Quoting lyranightshade:

lol!

I blame massive amounts of homemade wine and a sinus infection for the conception of DS.

My exhusband and I were visiting his mom (who I love to this day) and we were celebrating moving in together and getting engaged. It was a whirlwind romance of sorts. lol Anyway, she made this AMAZING dinner and all the time, kept making sure my wine glass was full. I drank a bottle and a half of wine all by myself. I'd just finished up my zpack for a sinus infection, too. I'd never thought to read the interactions of medications, because my prescribing doctor knew I was also on birth control... I mean, when I came in for the appointment, that was one of the first things they asked: What other medications are you taking? I assumed that if something would interfere with birth control, they'd, you know... give me a head's up.

A few weeks later, a friend of mine was having a pregnancy scare. She was too scared to take a test by herself and asked me to pee on the other one. So, I did, thinking 'No WAY am I pregnant!' Yeah. I was wrong.

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Dang dog.

Memigen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:41 AM

My oldest could have found a much less aggravating way of telling me she was arriving, lol.  I was at work as a cashier for Ryan's Steakhouse.  I was taking an order with a packed lobby when suddenly I got light headed.  I recall putting my hand to my forehead and then hallucinating that everyone just started running around, knocked me down and were trampling me.  I then woke up to a man kneeling over me asking me if I'm okay.  I was like, "Uhhh, I guess?"  He asked me my name, my age, etc.  Then an ambulance showed up and they put me on a stretcher and took me to the hospital. 

They ran every test known to man before they asked me if I could possibly be pregnant.  I burst out in laughter like a hyena on crack and told them I just had a cycle and that I was NOT pregnant.  They asked me if they could test me anyways.  I told them to go ahead and rack up that dang bill, lol, they were just waisting their time.  Then they came in and told me that I was most likely about 6 weeks along.

I burst into tears and the male nurse stayed behind in the room after the doctor left.  He held my hand and was soooo sweet and thoughtful.  He had a concerned look on his face and asked me if I needed "options".  I told him no and that I was simply scared to death because I had recently had a miscarriage and was worried I would lose this baby as well.

Come to find out I had started swaying in circles when I grabbed my head, then suddenly slammed into the wall, the register and hit the floor HARD.  I then had a seizure (which is when they said I probably had the hallucination of being trampled).

Lol, yeah.... I think she could have chosen a much easier way of telling mommy she was on her way!

Memigen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:45 AM

LMFAO!

Quoting lyranightshade:

lol!

masonmomma
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:49 AM

My dh and I had been trying for awhile. I started seeing my gyn for endometriosis issues and the receptionist kept giving me ob and not gyn paperwork when Id come in. She jynxed me...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)