Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tacky or is it me. Fundraisers for your kids

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:37 AM
  • 18 Replies

Okay so I have had several friends on facebook send my fundraisers for family members.  the first was a friend who wanted to get a service dog for her son and the second is a fundraiser for her brother for college.  I mean really it seems over the top to me.  One was tastefully simple and the other is Pampered chef.  So if you buy something the proceeds go for the cause.  I'm all about helping out for cancer research, help in Japan, the homeless, etc, but this just seems over the top.

Just wanted to see if it's just me, or if other people think it's tacky.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:38 AM

honestly, the help for the service dog, I would participate in. The one for college, probably not.

southern_momof2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:39 AM
I think the service dog idea is wonderful. They do so much for the disabled. The collage one isnt tacky but I wouldn't do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paigesmommy5264
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:42 AM

the one for the service dog is awesome, the one for the college-- I wouldnt donate-- and yea its sorta tacky...

side note: I remember once on here seeing in someones siggy that they had a paypal account for her daughter ( she was like 2yrs old) so I messaged the mom assuming the daughter was ill and had medical bills or something.. she said no, it was just for if people wanted to give her money... uhh... ok?? lol tacky.

mamasynz
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:42 AM

I find the fundraiser for sending a kid to college a bit tacky.

The ones raising money for people/children that have diease & need help with their medical bills are fine with me.

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Yeah, that's tacky. 

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

the one for the service dog is awesome, the one for the college-- I wouldnt donate-- and yea its sorta tacky...

side note: I remember once on here seeing in someones siggy that they had a paypal account for her daughter ( she was like 2yrs old) so I messaged the mom assuming the daughter was ill and had medical bills or something.. she said no, it was just for if people wanted to give her money... uhh... ok?? lol tacky.

ShadowRaven
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:43 AM

I agree.

Quoting southern_momof2:

I think the service dog idea is wonderful. They do so much for the disabled. The collage one isnt tacky but I wouldn't do it.

hfs1998
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Quoting km1970:

honestly, the help for the service dog, I would participate in. The one for college, probably not.

this.

yayay15
The service dog? That's not tacky. The college is more on the stupid side than tacky. But why would you think helping someone get a service is tacky?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
****service dog
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jordanbear
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:46 AM
I don't see either as tacky. I don't knw the one who needs help with college financial situation. But I had to drop out of NSU bcuz my mom could no longer afford it. So if she finds 1~2 people who r willin to help then that's great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)