Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do looks matter?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:56 AM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think that SO cheat because of their partners appearance?

Options:

yes

no

I have no clue

maybe

I have a theory and I will explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 48

View Results

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SxyPanamami83
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:57 AM

people cheat because they are dumbasses.

jjones0461
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:58 AM
Not at all. Most cases I have seen the person they cheated with was worse looking then their spouse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Maybe

I think that there are many reasons and apperance may be one of them.... Not that its right at all... but yes I think it could be....

southern_momof2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:59 AM
I don't know. I can't say why people cheat. I'm sure it may be a factor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytobe2290
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:59 AM

the thing is, no matter how great a person's personality is, you have to be somewhat sexually attracted to a person's looks in order to be in any kind of a relationship with them. it doesn't matter if your s/o has the best personality in the world, if you throw up in your mouth when you kiss them, it's simply not going to work. 

nishchav
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:01 AM

my ex dh cheated on me all the time with disgusting girls he told me he did it because he was a dork in HS and wanted to see how many women he could get now

liz.1986
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:01 AM

It could be one of the many reasons people cheat.

trist22
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Truth to this! It is not because of the way their partner looks ( hell.. they chose to be with the partner) it is the way the "other" women/men make them feel. People in marriages become comfortable and busy and sometimes ignore emotional ( and physical) needs of their partner. This other person is making them feel like "the King" and being important and desired is something we all like to have.

Quoting jjones0461:

Not at all. Most cases I have seen the person they cheated with was worse looking then their spouse.

glg505
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:04 AM

I dont think thats the sole reason why people cheat but I do believe its a factor. Dh and I were talking about this in the shower on Saturday... we were talking about people of the 50's and how women were so pretty and classy and how, in general, people took better care of their appearance and I stated that if people took some pride these days, infidelity rate wouldnt be as high. He agreed. 

For most couples, physical attraction was the first thing that drew one to the other and if appearance fades due to lack of care, you risk your partner losing their attraction towards you. 

I don't agree with it but we live in a conditional society and everyone is replaceable. 

charliebean
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Kaylea's theory: People cheat for the same reason people like to have sex in public. They do it because the "wrongness" and the possibility of getting caught is a high for them. Another reason is that it's simply not good enough having ONE person who loves you and wants you, and having more than one makes you feel like a big baller. Having more than one person show an interest in you is a huge ego boost to people with low self-esteem. 

qrcode

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)