Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ear Infections & Fever

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM
  • 5 Replies

My 23 month old was diagnosed with ear infection on Friday. I started his antibiotics that night, but he is still running a fever. As far as I can remember the fevers usually stopped pretty quickly after getting the antibiotics in their system. Does this seem normal? Can it usually take awhile for the fevers to subside?

natural_parenting.png picture by kwright9608

Mommy of 2 Wonderful Boys!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
briansmommy7143
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Bump!

livin.ontheedge
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:47 AM

yea, it can take a while sometimes for the fever to go away. It takes the antibiotics a few days, sometimes a week, to actually cure the infection. So if the ear infection is not gone or was particularly bad, it could take a few days for the fever to go away as the body is still fighting it.

windi85
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM
You giving tylonol or motrin?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mewebb82
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM
My daughter's most recent ear infection was the same way. She is still on the 10-day antibiotics, but on day 8 now. Her fever wasn't gone until day 4. I seems the fever lasts longer, depending on how bad the ear infection was before starting antibiotics.
briansmommy7143
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Yes, I just have never experienced the fever lingering like this, so I just wanted to make sure it could be normal :-)  Thanks girls!

Quoting windi85:

You giving tylonol or motrin?

natural_parenting.png picture by kwright9608

Mommy of 2 Wonderful Boys!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)